Most cooks make their own Chili recipe. I’ve been cooking for more than 35 years now and been making chili all of that time. I used to follow the directions explicitly on the back of the Chile-O seasoning packet. As my cooking skills improved, my recipes tend to evolve. This is my own recipe creation, Crockpot Black Bean Chili, hope you enjoy it!
Crockpot Black Bean Chili
(1) 28 oz.. can tomato puree
(2) 14.5 oz. cans of your favorite diced tomatoes
(1) 14.5 oz. can of Black Beans
1 lb. bulk sausage
1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef
1/4 cup Chili powder
1 tsp. salt
Optional: 1 medium onion diced
With the crockpot set to high, pour all of the tomato products and the black beans into the pot and stir. While this mixture is heating up, brown and drain the sausage and the ground turkey. Mix the meat and seasonings into the tomato and bean mixture, stir well. Turn the crockpot down to 6-8 hours (depending on your schedule). Serve and enjoy!
- (1) 28 oz.. can tomato puree
- (2) 14.5 oz. cans of your favorite diced tomatoes
- (1) 14.5 oz. can of Black Beans
- 1 lb. bulk sausage
- 1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef
- ¼ cup Chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Optional: 1 medium onion diced
- With the crockpot set to high, pour all of the tomato products and the black beans into the pot and stir.
- While this mixture is heating up, brown and drain the sausage and the ground turkey.
- Mix the meat and seasonings into the tomato and bean mixture, stir well.
- Turn the crockpot down to a low temperature (6-8 hours).
- Serve and enjoy!
Sometimes we like to place a dollop of sour cream in our bowl. Sometimes we like to sprinkle shredded cheese in the chili. Sometimes, when we are being naughty, we do both!
Freezer Option: Prepare according to directions. Allow to completely cool. Spoon into Freezer safe containers according to your preferred serving size. To prepare, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through and serve!
I made my own Chili Powder, you can see that recipe, here.
How do you make your Chili?
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure policy.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Repurpose Mayonnaise Jars Into Pretty Craft Storage Containers - February 22, 2018
- 10 Restaurants Where The Locals Eat In Macon, Ga. - February 21, 2018
- Breakfast In Minutes Jimmy Dean Simple Scrambles® - February 20, 2018