Are you looking for a quick, easy and cheap Valentine craft? You will love just how easy this DIY Valentine Rag Wreath is to make! It cost me under $8!
- One 10″-12″ Styrofoam wreath
- 3/4 yard patterned fabric
- 1/2 yard contrasting fabric
- Hot glue
- One piece of colored floral wire
Cut a wide strip of fabric to cover the wreath. Wrap as shown in the photo and affix with a dab of hot glue all along the way as you wrap.
I used a ruler to create the template for my rag pieces. Each pieces is 12″ long and the width of the ruler. Mark them off using the pencil and ruler as shown and cut.
Tie each strip around the wreath using a double knot. Notice in the photo that I overlapped each piece to get them very close together. That was my preference, you could use less fabric and not have the rags as close if you desire.
I also used a solid red as my contrasting fabric which I placed in every 8th spot. I fell in love with that pretty pink and red plaid!
Using wire cutters, cut a piece of floral wire and shape into a heart. Insert a piece of floral wire into the wreath and wrap around the heart to hold it in place.
I used a piece of the red fabric for hanging the wreath.
It took longer to cut the rag strips than anything. You could make this in just a couple of hours.
- Plaid fabric was $4.79 for 1 yard (on sale at Hancock Fabrics)
- Red fabric was scrap from another
- Floral wire was $1 at Dollar Tree
- Wreath was $1 at Dollar Tree
My Red Plaid Valentine Rag Wreath will be going into a mantlescape I am creating for Valentines. Last year I created a simple mantlescape using lots of the cards my husband has given me through the years. You can see that post here.
We are Pinning lots of Valentine Crafts! Follow us on Pinterest for great ideas, some of them may be yours!
You May Also LikeFamily Friendly Party Games
I'm in love with God, my husband, my two girls and all of my precious grandchildren.
I was 'raised right' in the south and am a firm believer in the Golden Rule. My favorite verse is Romans 8:28.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Honey Sweet Peach Mango Salsa &Grilled Pork Chops Menu - July 22, 2016
- Solar Floor Lamp Thrift Upcycle Challenge - July 21, 2016
- Waffle Iron Grilled Tomato & Avocado Sauce Sandwich - July 19, 2016