One of my favorite easy DIY wreath projects is this Valentine Rag Wreath.
You will love just how easy this DIY Valentine Rag Wreath is to make! It cost me under $8!
- One 10″-12″ Styrofoam wreath
- 3/4 yard patterned fabric
- 1/2 yard contrasting fabric
- Hot glue
- One piece of colored floral wire
Cut a wide strip of fabric to cover the wreath. Wrap as shown in the photo and affix with a dab of hot glue all along the way as you wrap.
I used a ruler to create the template for my rag pieces. Each pieces is 12″ long and the width of the ruler. Mark them off using the pencil and ruler as shown and cut.
A solid red is my contrasting fabric which I placed in every 8th spot. I fell in love with that pretty pink and red plaid!
Using wire cutters, cut a piece of floral wire and shape into a heart. Insert a piece of floral wire into the wreath and wrap around the heart to hold it in place.
I used a piece of the red fabric for hanging the wreath.
It took longer to cut the rag strips than anything. You could make this in just a couple of hours.
- Plaid fabric was $4.79 for 1 yard (on sale at Hancock Fabrics)
- Red fabric was scrap from another project
- Floral wire was $1 at Dollar Tree
- Wreath was $1 at Dollar Tree
My Red Plaid Valentine Rag Wreath will be going into a mantlescape I am creating for Valentines. Last year I created a simple mantlescape using lots of the cards my husband has given me through the years. You can see that post here.
Check out these projects too!
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Homemade Lemon Cheesecake - February 16, 2018
- Low Country Shrimp Boil Recipe - February 12, 2018
- 20 DIY Valentine’s Home Decor Ideas (Merry Monday #191) - February 11, 2018