Our Valentines Hot Cocoa Bar is getting a lot of attention in our home. It’s a fun way for everyone in the family to celebrate the season of love together.
We have a bar between our living room and kitchen. It’s always the location for seasonal decor. It’s the perfect location for our Valentine’s Hot Cocoa Bar.
Containers to use for your Hot Cocoa Bar
As a lover of all things crystal, I’ve been collecting crystal trays, bowls, and dishes for many years. I always enjoy an opportunity to use my crystal so in the true spirit of ‘use what you have, some of my crystal pieces made their way into my hot cocoa bar. Mason jars blend right in for displaying the toppings.
Making chocolate-dipped spoons for your hot cocoa bar is a must! It’s super easy to do.
How To Make Chocolate Dipped Spoons
- Cove a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt your chocolate according to the package directions in a small bowl.
- Dip your spoons in the melted chocolate to cover as far up as you desire.
- Drizzle sprinkles or crushed peppermints onto the chocolate while it is still hot. You can also drizzle white chocolate over dark or visa versa as we did.
- Set the spoons in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden
Use your chocolate-dipped spoons to stir for a delicious added treat!
I made a set of three Valentine’s Candy Jars with faux iced bottoms for our Valentine’s Hot Cocoa Bar. They add a cute touch of sweet sayings to our Valentine’s decor.
The heart-shaped tags came from the Target dollar spot. The tags had a white cotton string with I removed and replaced with red and white baker’s twine. A fine-point white marker was perfect for the lettering.
Have you ever melted caramel candy in your cup of hot cocoa? If you said no, please just give it a try once! Sometimes it is hard to believe that you can take something which is already good and make it even better! That is what the caramel does for a cup of hot cocoa.
Also see this Christmas Hot Cocoa Bar idea
Stock your Hot Cocoa Bar with:
- French Vanilla Cappuccino (I buy instant like this)
- Instant coffee packets (this is my personal favorite brand)
- Cocoa in several flavors (my crew enjoys these instant flavors)
- Hot Tea packets (flavors on Amazon)
- Instant Apple Cider (Original and sugar-free)
Toppings and Add-Ins
- Chocolate Dipped Spoons
- Peppermint sticks
- Soft peppermints
- Butterscotch hard candies
- Milk Chocolate bits
- Butterscotch bits
- White Chocolate bits
- Red Hots candies
- Mini Marshmallows
- Caramel Drizzle
- Flavored Creamers for the coffee
- Whipped Cream
- Candy sprinkles
I am one of those sappy people who save greeting cards to re-read. I displayed some of my favorites on my Hot Cocoa Bar for everyone to enjoy.
My grandson who is now a teenager made the adorable cutout heart for me when he was little. It is one of my favorites.
Use what you have to set up your own Valentine’s Hot Cocoa Bar. Have fun with it.
Stock it with your favorites and enjoy the winter season with cocoa and conversation. You may want to always heat up the water for family game night. Cocoa and competition go well together.
More Ways To Celebrate Valentine’s At Home
- Simple Valentines Tablescape you can set up.
- How To Make A Valentine’s Cone Tree for affordable tabletop decor
- Either you love them or you don’t but here is our Chocolate Covered Strawberries Easy Recipe
- People of all ages will enjoy these 7 Valentine’s Coloring Pages Free Printable
- How To Make A Valentine’s Rag Wreath. Super easy DIY decor for Valentine’s day.