This collection of 12 Cute Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas includes hero’s as well as book and Bible Characters. You can recreate any of these clever ideas with your own twist.
My hubby and I crafted this fun Candy Cottage Trunk or Treat design for our church event a few years ago. It was a lot of fun to make and even more fun to watch the children coming through to collect candy.
Before you scroll down for these 12 Cute Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas you need to know we have LOTS MORE! So keep scrolling for links to oodles more ideas. I like taking pictures of the Trunk or Treat Decorations at our church and I search my blogging friends for their ideas too.
Trunk or Treat is like hosting a Halloween Tailgaiting party! It’s a fun tradition giving us all permission to get in touch with our inner child while decorating our vehicle trunks to entertain and give out candy for Trick or Treat.
WHERE TO FIND A TRUNK OR TREAT EVENT IN YOUR AREA
- Churches tend to host the biggest Trunk or Treat events as an alternative to door to door Trick or Treating. You will see it advertised on the signs of the churches in your neighborhood.
- Some Community Centers also host Trunk or Treat events
- Shopping Centers
- Police Departments in some cities host Trunk or Treat events
- Local college student groups also host them sometimes
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Most, but not all, Churches call it a Fall Festival and will provide free meals such as hot dogs. Check your local church for that information. If you attend a Fall festival at a church there will likely be games to play as well.
- The kids can wear their costumes!
- Take a big bag or container for them to collect candy because they will get a lot of it!
- Most churches tend to have friendly Trunk or Treat designs not scary or spooky so if you have little one’s who might be afraid of spooky stuff, they should be okay at a church event.
- Some events also have a contest related to the Trunk or Treat decorating so you can expect to be entertained but the creativity.
- It may be held on a day prior to Halloween generally the week of Halloween
Keep Going ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ There are even more!!!
Even More (13) Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas (most of these photos were snapped at my Church)
21 24 Clever Trunk or Treat Ideas
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Clever Ways To Repurpose Clothes Hangers For Storage - January 21, 2020
- 10 Most Popular Recipes and Home Ideas of the Decade - January 16, 2020
- Most Popular Recipes And Ideas of 2019 - January 14, 2020