This collection of 12 Cute Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas includes hero’s as well as book and Bible Characters. You can recreate any of these clever ideas with your own twist.
My hubby and I crafted this fun Candy Cottage Trunk or Treat design for our church event a few years ago. It was a lot of fun to make and even more fun to watch the children coming through to collect candy.
Before you scroll down for these 12 Cute Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas you need to know we have LOTS MORE! So keep scrolling for links to oodles more ideas. I like taking pictures of the Trunk or Treat Decorations at our church and I search my blogging friends for their ideas too.
Trunk or Treat is like hosting a Halloween Tailgaiting party! It’s a fun tradition giving us all permission to get in touch with our inner child while decorating our vehicle trunks to entertain and give out candy for Trick or Treat.
WHERE TO FIND A TRUNK OR TREAT EVENT IN YOUR AREA
- Churches tend to host the biggest Trunk or Treat events as an alternative to door to door Trick or Treating. You will see it advertised on the signs of the churches in your neighborhood.
- Some Community Centers also host Trunk or Treat events
- Shopping Centers
- Police Departments in some cities host Trunk or Treat events
- Local college student groups also host them sometimes
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Most, but not all, Churches call it a Fall Festival and will provide free meals such as hot dogs. Check your local church for that information. If you attend a Fall festival at a church there will likely be games to play as well.
- The kids can wear their costumes!
- Take a big bag or container for them to collect candy because they will get a lot of it!
- Most churches tend to have friendly Trunk or Treat designs not scary or spooky so if you have little one’s who might be afraid of spooky stuff, they should be okay at a church event.
- Some events also have a contest related to the Trunk or Treat decorating so you can expect to be entertained but the creativity.
- It may be held on a day prior to Halloween generally the week of Halloween
More Halloween and Trunk or Treat Ideas For You
These 7 Super Easy Halloween Party Food Ideas include how to make those cute Mummy Hot Dogs with Crescent rolls, Banana Ghosts with chocolate chips and Pumpkin Cuties.
Your little’s will love these super duper easy to make Charlie Brown cookies while they are watching The Great Pumpkin. FYI, you will enjoy those cookies too.
If you are also a fan of sweet and salty then you will love these no bake Corn Chip Halloween Dessert Bars. You get to have some fun with candy googly eyes.
When we think of Halloween, the first thing we think of is candy. I made these Halloween Candy Kabobs for a family Halloween party and they were a big hit. No cooking involved.
Do you love serving food in a jar with a spoon? It’s always fun to eat that way for a festive atmosphere. Make these delicious and fun to eat Halloween Brownie Parfaits. We added some orange candy sprinkles for fun.
What is Trunk or Treat? More answers about Trunk or Treat right here.
More Trunk or Treat Ideas. These pictures are all from my church event.
Toilet Paper Toss was one of the games at this Trunk or Treat event at my church.
Even More (13) Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas (most of these photos were snapped at my Church)
21 24 Clever Trunk or Treat Ideas
- Make This Easy Autumn Mug As A Beginner Cricut Project - September 29, 2020
- Gluten Free Delicious Baked Apple Crisp Recipe - September 28, 2020
- 33 Halloween Movies The Whole Family Will Love To Watch - September 14, 2020