My French Loaf Breakfast Omelet made a grand entrance onto our dining table recently. It was welcomed warmly and invited back often.
I’m sharing our recipe because this was too good not to share! This French Loaf Breakfast Omelet is perfect for special occasions when you have guest to impress. My husband actually came up with this recipe after seeing a similar idea show up in his Facebook feed. His cooking skills are usually enjoyed with one of his sweet treats but I’m always happy when he cooks anything!
Our French Loaf Breakfast Omelet is perfect for brunch too!
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sharp shredded cheese
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¾ Cup sliced Cherry tomatoes
- ½ Cup Half-n-half
- ½ lb. ground sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 large French Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add cheese, onions and mushrooms to eggs, then stir.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add cherry tomatoes, half-n-half and sausage to egg mixture and fold well.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then spray with non-stick spray.
- Place the french loaf onto the baking sheet.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the hollowed out french loaf.
- Bake 25 minutes or until eggs are done.
- Slice into sections, serve and enjoy!
We used some of our favorite ingredients; sharp cheese, onion and mushrooms!
We used sausage but you could easily substitute bacon or no meat if you choose. You can find a french loaf in the bakery at your grocery store.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the eggs are done. Oven temperatures vary so you will need to check. You can cover with foil to prevent the bread from burning and continue to cook if you oven cooks slow.
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Adorable Advent Calendar Easy Christmas Craft - November 20, 2019
- Easy To Create Red Wagon Christmas Decor - November 18, 2019
- Cheap And Easy Cardboard Box Snowman Bean Bag Toss Game - November 18, 2019