This Pork Chop Casserole recipe is a quick and easy dinner, not to mention quite tasty as well! How does only 3 ingredients sound too?
I have no idea where my mother originally got the recipe. She very well may have made it up. I just don’t know. This has always been an easy go-to recipe for those busy times when a good, hot meal is needed but not much time is available for meal preparation.
The basic recipe is only 3 ingredients, however I like to add a can of mushrooms because we love them! This is one of those recipe’s that you can play with and personalize to suit your family’s taste.
- 3-4 center cut pork chops
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2-3 red potatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Wash and drain the pork chops and place into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the potatoes into relatively thin slices and place around the pork chops in the casserole dish.
- Pour 1 can of cream of mushroom soup over the top of the pork chops and potatoes.
- Cove with foil and bake at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes. (Oven temps vary)
- Serve with your favorite dinner rolls and enjoy!
This is about how thin I slice my potatoes. You will notice, I leave the skins on. We prefer center cut pork chops but have also made this meal with bone-in which is just as good. I’m cooking for 2 but always cook 3 pork chops in case my husband wants second, which he always does!
While going through my mother’s recipe collection, I came across some jokes. This particular one was in a hand typed cookbook which my mother’s best friend, Jean J. made with her own recipe collection. I always called her Mrs. J and considered her to be my ‘other mother’. I think you will find her joke amusing.
I’m guilty, Judge,
I fell apart.
I ground him in the Cuisinart.
That is the last time,
He will say,
“That’s what I had for lunch today.”