Our Made From Scratch Mashed Potatoes are so easy to make you can even teach the children how to make them!
Clearly I’m a big fan of chicken. There are so many different ways to cook it, aren’t there? I never get tired of it and maybe that’s because it’s so budget friendly!
This week’s menu includes; Rotisserie Chicken, Salmon Patties, Taco Chicken & Black Bean Bake, Crockpot Ranch Chicken Sliders, Chef Salad, Cheeze-It Crusted Oven Baked Chicken Fingers and an easy home cooked Romantic Italian Dinner for Friday Date night in.
We might cheat and buy the Rotisserie Chicken from the grocery store but the Mashed Potatoes are made from scratch! Our Sunday menu includes Rotisserie Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and Hawaiian rolls.
We’ll be using the rest of the package of Hawaiian rolls for our dinner on Wednesday night.
- About 4 medium russet potatoes
- About ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks, rinse and drain.
- Boil clean potatoes in saucepan until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to saucepan.
- Add seasonings and butter.
- Mash with a handheld potato masher.
- Add milk and stir.
- You can add a little more milk if they are too dry.
- Place mashed potatoes in a pretty serving dish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Salmon Patties with rice.
Taco Chicken and Black Bean Bake is a freezer meal which is nice to have on hand sometimes.
I’m going to cook enough chicken today so there is a little left over for our Chef Salad on Thursday.
My hubby and I enjoy re-creating this Romantic Italian Dinner from time to time. We keep the Italian Butter ingredients in the cabinet already made up. We like to keep frozen dinners on hand for just such an occasion as these Friday night dates at home!
What’s your favorite frozen food to have on hand?
Cheeze It Crusted Oven Baked Chicken Fingers with Ranch Dip and potato chips.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know I shared recently that I’ve been craving these Biscuit Doughnuts. This is the week I’m making those babies!
Connect with us
My hubby says every week is a good week at our dinner table. I can never express enough how much it helps to make a Menu Plan. It’s a stress reliever and a big help on the budget.
More from our site
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 43 Pumpkin Recipes, Crafts and More From Top Bloggers - October 28, 2016
- Classic Pumpkin Pie - October 24, 2016
- Merry Monday Link Party #127 - October 23, 2016