Old Fashioned Gingersnap Cookies
Our Old Fashioned Gingersnap Cookie recipe is made with both brown sugar and molasses to give these cookies that soft and chewy texture. We chill them slightly before baking and we have heard that Santa loves these cookies.
Of course you can make Gingersnap Cookies any time of the year but we heard that Santa loves these so we are making them now as we indulge in some Christmas baking.
Welcome back to year 6 of our Festive Christmas Event where we team up with oodles of our talented blogging friends we admire to bring you a plethora of creative ways to celebrate your holiday season.
You will find new ideas every Monday and Wednesday between Oct. 19th through Nov. 18th. Scroll all the way down to find all the ideas linked at the end. Today we are sharing Holiday Baking Ideas with lots of recipes for you to try.
Our Festive Christmas Ideas so far this year:
15 Most Popular Gifts For Women This Year, a well researched gift guide with Amazon affiliate links to save you time.
35 More Men’s Stocking Stuffer Ideas They Will Actually Enjoy. A compliment to our last list of Men’s Stocking Stuffer Ideas when the Bacon flavored toothpicks were such a big hit.
A fun DIY Gift idea for teachers, friends, co-workers or anyone is this Elf Cam Mug. It’s stinking adorable.
Our gift to our readers is this free printable Christmas BINGO game. There are 12 different cards with call out sheet.
Making new ornaments every year is a must for creating family memories of the season. These Easy Painted Wood Slice Ornaments will match my entirely new tree decor theme this year.
How To Set Up An Easy Christmas Movie Night Snack Bar at home for the family.
Our Simple Silver and Gold Decorated Christmas Tree in the Bonus room for our houseguests to enjoy.
This super easy to make Festive Glittery Pom Pom Cone Christmas Tree I made to match my new decor this year.
Let’s make the Gingersnap Cookies!
Ingredients for Gingersnap Cookies
Most of the ingredients for Gingersnap Cookies are common cookie dough ingredients with the exception of a few items like the ginger, cloves, brown sugar and molasses.
- Unsalted butter
- Vegetable Shortening
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated sugar
- All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup vegetable shortening
- 1 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ Cup molasses
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4½ Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- Cream the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and ½
cup granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl with mixer.
- Mix in the molasses, and then add the eggs and mix to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and spices. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer the dough to the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- While the dough is chilling, place top oven rack in center position and pre-heat oven to 375°F. Then, line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or a baking mat and set aside.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and form into 1-inch balls. Roll balls of dough in remaining ½ cup granulated sugar until coated
- Place balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each ball.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 8 - 11 minutes or until cookies are nicely browned and cooked through.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool on wire rack before serving.
- Serve & Enjoy! Santa loves these!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crisco Baking Sticks All Vegetable Shortening, 20 Ounce
Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer with Snap-On Storage Case, Wire Beaters, Whisk and Bowl Rest, 250W, White (62682RZ)
Grandma's Original Molasses, 12 Oz (Pack Of 2)
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Ginger, Ground, 2.75 Ounce
Child to Cherish Santa's Message Plate Set, Santa Cookie Plate, Santa Milk jar, and Reindeer Treat Bowl
Mrs. Anderson's Baking Mini Flexible Brownie Cookie Dessert Serving Spatula, 8" x 1.5", Silver (508)
AmazonBasics Silicone, Non-Stick, Food Safe Baking Mat - Pack of 2
Reynolds Kitchens Unbleached Parchment Paper Roll, 45 Square Feet
Rachael Ray Bakeware Nonstick Cookie Pan Set, 3-Piece, Gray with Marine Blue Grips
As far as cookie making and baking goes, Gingersnap Cookies are easy to make. Rolling cookies into balls is one of the easiest ways to make cookies and we love the soft texture of these we are making for our holiday season.
More Christmas Cookie recipes we have made:
Pecan Snowdrop Cookies. Make a double batch of these because they vanish quickly.
Bacon Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies. YES! They do have bacon in them!
Christmas Magic Cookie Bars. Another easy recipe you can whip up fast.
Brown Sugar Cookies. This recipe took home the Cookie Party Prize for Best Cookie at our annual Cookie Exchange.