My Crockpot and I are best buddies in the kitchen! Our Crockpot Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti is melt in your mouth delicious and would you believe there are only seven ingredients!
You should just go ahead and print this recipe for stuffed manicotti, trust me! Pasta shells stuffed with a yummy blend of three cheeses smothered in savory sauce and simmered to perfection. Can you almost smell it cooking in your kitchen? My mouth is watering just talking about it!
First, brown a pound of ground beef or ground turkey, either is fine. Drain and return to the skillet.
Pour a 24 oz. jar of your favorite Pasta Sauce into the meat, stir and cover with a lid. Simmer on low while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Here’s where our Crockpot Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti get’s it’s name!
Blend together 2 Cups Ricotta cheese, 1 cup shredded Parmesan and 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella.
Your cheese blend will look thick as in the above picture.
Now you are going to spoon the three cheese blend into a large resealable plastic bag such as a Ziploc. Close the end being sure to remove the air and snip off one corner so you can pipe the cheese into the shells.
One 8 oz. package of Manicotti shells is all you need. Don’t you just love how frugal a pasta dish can be! This stuffed manicotti is an especially good meal to serve for a family gathering because it isn’t expensive and it is quite yummy.
Do not boil the shells! They will soften during the cooking process in the Crockpot.
Pour just enough of your hot meat sauce mixture into the Crockpot to cover the bottom. This will be a thin layer.
Place your first batch of stuffed shells on top of that layer of meat sauce. No need to try to cover every corner of the crock with stuffed manicotti because we are layering.
Now spoon a little more meat sauce mixture over those stuffed shells. Do you see where we are going with this.
One pound of ground beef and one jar of sauce should be enough to make two layers.
Add the next layer of stuffed shells.
Then, spoon the remaining mixture of meat sauce on top.
You should have three layers of meat sauce and two layers of stuffed manicotti. Begin and end with the meat sauce.
Cook on High for about 2 hours or until hot and bubbly and shells are fork tender.
About the last 20 minutes of cook time, you will sprinkle that other 1 Cup of shredded Mozzarella on top, replace the lid and watch it melt!
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz. pkg. Manicotti shells
- 1 lb. ground beef (brown and drain)
- 1 24 oz. jar of your favorite Pasta sauce
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- Brown and drain the ground beef.
- Pour the pasta sauce into the ground beef and simmer on low with lid on while you prepare remaining ingredients.
- Shred the Parmesan and set aside.
- Scoop the Ricotta into a medium size bowl, and add 1 Cup Mozzarella and the shredded Parmesan.
- Add the garlic powder and salt
- Blend the cheeses and seasonings well.
- Scoop the cheese blend into the bag and set aside.
- Snip one corner from a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour a thin layer of meat sauce into the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Carefully squeeze the cheese blend into each Manicotti shell until it is full.
- Place shells onto the meat sauce creating one layer.
- Add more meat sauce on top of the stuffed shells.
- Create another layer of stuffed shells.
- Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cook on High for about 2 hours or until shells are tender.
- Add 1 cup of remaining Mozzarella Cheese to top for the last 20 minutes of cook time.
- Serve and enjoy!
It doesn’t take much to fill up on this scrumptious concoction of cheese and meat sauce blend we call Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti! There is no big mess in the kitchen either! We used one bowl and one skillet along with the Crockpot so that is a win-win with me!
As previously mentioned, my Crockpot and I are best buddies in the kitchen. Take a look at these Crockpot recipes in my growing collection.
We support our blogger buddies by visiting these blog parties.
- 35 More Men’s Stocking Stuffer Ideas They Will Actually Enjoy - October 21, 2020
- 15 Most Popular Gifts For Women This Year - October 19, 2020
- 21 Crazy Easy Beginner Cricut Projects for You To Try - October 16, 2020