Nothing says summer food like salads and our Tuna Pasta Salad is the perfect pick for a summer weeknight meal.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure policy.
Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe
Salads are an easy fix for weeknight meals not to mention a light meal idea for the summer season. If you have been eating light for a while now, you may be craving a little comfort food and a good Tuna Pasta Salad will be sure to satisfy that craving!
This recipe is super easy and doesn’t make a big mess in the kitchen!
- 1 box Macaroni noodles boiled and drained.
- 1 2 oz. jar pimentos, undrained
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 3 (5 oz.) cans Tuna, drained
- ½ Cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dry mustard
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- Mix the last four ingredients for the dressing together in a bowl and set aside.
- Boil the noodles al dente and drain.
- Stir the pimentos, chopped celery, cheese, tuna, salt and pepper into the noodles.
- Now add the noodle mixture into the bowl of dressing and stir to blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour or more prior to serving.
- Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy!
Aside from a nice summer flavor, the celery provides that little bite of crunch we all love in a salad. If you are not a fan of celery there are options. You can replace it with green bell pepper or leave it out altogether. If you choose to leave out the celery, replace the teaspoon of salt with a teaspoon of celery salt.
We prefer tuna packed in oil which provides a little more flavor but you could use tuna packed in water as well.
Tuna Pasta Salad is a nice weeknight meal in the summer and you can take leftovers for lunch the next day which is what we always do. Leftovers stretch the budget so this meal is a win win in my house!
Stop by our Soup and Salads recipe page for more weeknight dinner ideas!
We enjoy partying with these blogger buddies.
- 3 Reasons To Grow A Salad Bowl Garden - April 13, 2021
- Year-Round Indoor Salad Gardening: How to Grow Nutrient-Dense, Soil-Sprouted Greens in Less Than 10 days: Book Review - April 12, 2021
- Ultimate Easter Magic Cookie Bars Recipe - March 31, 2021