My 3 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings recipe is our go-to for an easy scrumptious party or game day food any time of the year!
This recipe has been shared more than 200 thousand times by our readers.
I can’t even tell you how many times I have made this easy recipe for my own family and they still enjoy them. It is one of our favorite recipes for any time of the year.
We like just a tiny bit of char on our Chicken Wings. The secret to making delicious Crockpot BBQ Wings is in the final step!
This post contains affiliate links
Ingredient List for making these Chicken Wings
- Coca Cola
- Chicken wings
- BBQ Sauce
The Wings I Cook
- Bone in,
- Skin on
- Store brand Chicken Wing Drummettes They come in 2 1/2 lb. bags and I usually cook two for my family
The Crockpot to use
I use a 6 quart Crockpot like this one for this recipe with 5 lbs. of wings and they fit comfortably.
How To Cook Crockpot Chicken Wings
No need to thaw the chicken wings. They thaw and cook at the same time. I always rinse my chicken first.
Place the chicken wings in a big colander in the sink and rinse with slow running water to remove any ice crystals which may be on them from the freezer. This colander (affiliate) looks exactly like mine which is large enough to hold all the wings at once.
Use low water pressure, don’t turn the water on full force, so you won’t splash chicken water all over the place. But just to be safe please wash the sink and counters around it any time you have rinsed chicken prior to cooking.
DO NOT THAW
Do not thaw the wings prior to cooking! They thaw, cook and soak up flavor all at one time in just 2 or 3 hours!
Add your frozen wings to the Crockpot after rinsing them in a colander.
Cover with the cola. When we have Coke on hand that is what I use but the store brand and even diet cola works just fine also. Folks have contacted me to say they even used Sprite and it worked well too.
The wings are going to create their own juice while cooking so you only want to barely cover with cola. The combination of the chicken juices and the cola will create a tender juicy deliciousness in your BBQ Wings!
The next step after Slow Cooking
Drain the cooked wings well in the colander before adding the BBQ sauce. Carefully remove the wings from the slow cooker. I use a large slotted spoon like this one (affiliate link)
Do not use tongs to remove the wings from the slow cooker. They are very tender and will fall apart easily. A slotted spoon is best because it allows the juice to drip back into the pot.
The last step to making slow cooker BBQ Chicken Wings
Line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
Now let’s bake on that yummy sauce.
Place into oven preheated to 350°. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they have just a tad of char. We love the char on ours. If you don’t, be sure to remove them from the oven sooner. The end result is finger licking delicious chicken wings!
Also See how to make these into Lemon Pepper Wings
Scroll down for a complete printable/downloadable recipe.
When we have a big crowd and I cook a lot of wings I serve them from disposable aluminum pans like these for easy clean up. Just sit the tongs by the pan and step out of the way! Everyone loves these slow cooker wings!
Use Slow cooker liners for easy clean-up. I l-o-v-e them and don’t dare ever run out of them.
Make this crowd pleaser for the super bowl, a family dinner or even as an appetizer. This recipe will be one of your family favorites to make a regular rotation on your meal plan.
3 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings
- Crockpot SCV803-SS 8 quart Manual Slow Cooker with 16 oz Little Dipper Food Warmer, Stainless Steel
- Wilton Performance Pans Aluminum Large Sheet Cake Pan, 12 x 18-Inch
- Basting Brush Silicone Heat Resistant Pastry Brushes Spread Oil Butter Sauce Marinades for BBQ Grill Barbecue Baking Kitchen Cooking, Baste Pastries Cakes Meat Desserts, Dishwasher safe, Set of 4
- Aluminum Pans 9×13 Disposable Foil Pans (30 Pack) – Half Size Steam Table Deep Pans – Tin Foil Pans Great for Cooking, Heating, Storing, Prepping Food
- Reynolds Kitchens Premium Slow Cooker Liners – 13 x 21 Inch, 12 Packages of 4 Liners (48 Count)
- 12-16 chicken wings do not thaw
- 1 can Coke
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce we use Sweet Baby Ray’s
- Turn Crockpot on low. (I like this Crockpot with great ratings)
- Pour the can of Coke into the crockpot.
- Place all of the chicken wings into the Coke.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Remove wings from Crockpot onto a baking pan covered with foil.
- Brush wings generously with BBQ sauce
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, just until the BBQ is heated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Side Dishes to serve with BBQ Chicken Wings
- Creamy Homemade Cole Slaw,
- Best Ever BBQ Baked Beans
- Homestyle Oven Baked Fries,
- Southern Style BBQ Baked Beans,
- Southern Potato Salad (made from scratch!)
- Fresh Green Bean Salad
- Baked Potatoes (20 Baked Potato Toppings)
The Secret To The Success of this Wings Recipe
The secret to perfectly cooked Slow Cooker Barbeque Chicken Wings is placing them in the oven for a few minutes after removing them from the crockpot. The oven sets the BBQ sauce and keeps the wings from being too wet from cooking in the liquid.
More Favorite Recipes from Intelligent Domestications
- Oven Baked Smothered Cube Steak, ultimate comfort food
- Air Fryer Catfish Nuggets
- Oven Baked Glazed Spam, easy recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Tips & Gravy Recipe, shared over 153 thousand times. Yes, it is good.
- Easy Classic Lasagna recipe and the leftovers are delicious for lunch the next day