Oh yes, that does say Iron Skillet Cooking: Parmesan Italian Crusted Salmon!
I always enjoy cooking in my iron skillet. Do you? Iron skillets are good for more than just making cornbread. There is just something special about the outcome of the food when it was prepared in an iron skillet.
Although there are many ways to prepare salmon, and we’ve done them all. I almost set the oven on fire once when I didn’t soak the cedar planks long enough before cooking salmon in the oven! We also enjoy cooking salmon on the grill on the cedar planks in the summer. (We need one more cedar plank now though due to the oven incident) Trust me when I say though, that cooking salmon in the iron skillet is fabulous!
This meal is absolutely just as amazing as it looks! I don’t know why we don’t cook salmon more often, it’s wonderful. Those Pecan Glazed Green Beans are the perfect accompaniment for salmon also.
- 1 pk. Italian dressing mix
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Mix one packet of the Italian dressing mix with ½ cup (more if desired) grated parmesan cheese.
- Coat the salmon with the seasoning mix.
- Heat the Iron skillet with about 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Cook the salmon until done on both sides which should only take a few minutes.
The Parmesan\Italian Crust ingredients makes for a very light but tasty crust which won’t overpower the flavor of the salmon.
I’m aware that you can purchase boxed mashed potatoes but I always cook mine from scratch. I’ve made the boxed one’s before and thought they took an unbelievable amount of liquid to hydrate them. Am I the only one who feels that way? My husband is spoiled with the homemade mashed potatoes I’ve been making him for almost 18 years now and truth be told, I like them best myself.
This is one of my personal favorite meals to prepare and serve. This is truly a made from scratch meal which is always a favorite with everyone.
Apparently I enjoy making desserts in my iron skillet because I’ve published these recipes also:
What was the last thing you cooked in your iron skillet?
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Welcome Spring Blog Hop - March 19, 2018
- 7 Ways To Repurpose Jars Into Home Decor (Merry Monday 196) - March 18, 2018
- Whimsical Easter Bunny Flower Pail Decor - March 15, 2018