Are you looking for a yummy green dessert? If you love tricks with cake mix, you are sure to enjoy this Key Lime Cake!
My husband, Stacy has developed a love of baking and a reputation for being a good baker among our family and friends. Two of his most requested are this Key Lime Cake and his Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting.
Confession time! Stacy bakes the cakes and makes the frostings but he prefers me to frost and decorate them. I consider that to be the fun part. Don’t be hard on me, I am not a professional cake decorator! I just do simple easy things to make it more pleasing for our guests to enjoy.
I shaved the peeling from fresh limes and used the shavings to decorate this Key Lime cake and then added a few fresh pecan halves. Living in Georgia where pecans are abundant, we put pecans in and on everything!
~~Follow our Ultimate Desserts Board on Pinterest~~
Must Have Baking Tools
- Baker’s Secret 8″ Round Cake Pans (dishwasher safe)
- Wilton Angled Icing Spatula
- Silicone Spatula Set Heat Resistant-Ergonomic
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer 6 Speed- Bowl Rest
Share this recipe to Pinterest
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. lime gelatin
- ¾ cup orange juice
- Mix together cake mix, oil, eggs, gelatin and orange juice until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into three 8" prepared cake pans.
- (We like to grease and flour the cake pans rather than spray them)
- Bake according to package directions on cake mix box.
- Cool and frost.
Download or Print Stacy’s recipe for Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting. You will want to hang on to it for many years to come.