Crescent rolls are so easy to prepare and are especially handy when you want to whip up something tasty like these easy to prepare Pecan Apple Raisin Crescents! Have you tried my Homemade Crescent Apple Turnovers? You can find that recipe here.
I have really been enjoying cooking in my iron skillet recently! I made this recipe in my little iron skillet because I was only using one can of crescent rolls and one apple so the little one works just fine.
Roll out the crescent rolls. Spread with softened butter and sprinkle with a cinnamon sugar mixture. I picked up my food prep mat at a Farmer’s Market event. That’s why it says Georgia Grown. Love free stuff, don’t you! Georgia is the leading producer of Pecans in the United States! There are huge pecan orchards just right up the road from our home.
I simply mixed up powdered sugar and milk for the icing to drizzle across. My grandson ate 2 1/2 of these yummy delights!
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 large apple ( I use Honeycrisp)
- ¼ Cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ pecan pieces
- ¼ raisins
- ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Peel and cut the apple into small bits
- Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in an iron skillet
- Add the brown sugar and apples to the melted butter and stir
- Add the pecans and raisins to the apple mixture and stir
- Continue stirring on med. heat until the apples are tender (about 15 minutes)
- While the apple mixture is cooking prepare the crescent rolls
- Roll out each crescent roll and spread with the remaining softened butter
- Sprinkle the buttered crescent roll with cinnamon sugar
- Place a dollop of the apple mixture onto each prepared crescent roll
- Gently roll up and bake at 325° until golden brown, about 12-15 min. Oven temps vary, be sure to check yours often!
- I make a basic icing by mixing powdered sugar and milk then drizzle over finished Pecan Apple Raisin Crescents
- Serve and Enjoy!
What have you been cooking in your iron skillet lately?
- Make This Easy Autumn Mug As A Beginner Cricut Project - September 29, 2020
- Gluten Free Delicious Baked Apple Crisp Recipe - September 28, 2020
- 33 Halloween Movies The Whole Family Will Love To Watch - September 14, 2020