How To Make Easy Ribbon Bookmarks
Our DIY Blowing Dandelion Canvas Art is inspired by the movie The Princess Bride.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it’s the season of romance. What better way to celebrate all the warm fuzzies and love in the air than a feel-good, romantic comedy? The Princess Bride is a classic and one of my personal, all-time favorites. It never fails to put a smile on my face and get me right in the feels.
More Ideas To Create Romance
- Romantic Date Night Menu for Home
- Elements of a Romantic Movie Date Night at Home
- 110 Conversation Starters For Couples
- Christmas Movie Date Night at Home
There is a secret romance between the daughter of a commoner and the farm boy. There is tragedy and heartbreak, but also justice and redemption. The main characters are endearing and the bad guys truly “inconceivable”. But in the end, “twue wuv” triumphs and the good guy gets the girl. It’s the perfect recipe for a romantic fairy tale. And, ladies, let’s face it…we love a good fairy tale. So, when my Mama was telling me about this Princess Bride inspired post I knew this one was for me. In fact, it just so happened that I had watched the movie the previous night with my husband. It was clearly meant to be!
In the beginning of the movie when Buttercup, the daughter of a commoner turned damsel in distress, gives orders to Westley, the farm boy turned knight in…well, a black mask, his reply is always “as you wish”. Over the course of their budding romance, Buttercup comes to realize that what Westley really means is “I love you” when he says those three words to her. It’s one of my favorite lines of the movie and the one I wanted to pay homage to in creating this Blowing Dandelion Canvas Art to display in my home.
Let’s get started. You only need a few simple supplies.
If you’re anything like me you are short on time and have a surplus of little odds and ends collected from past projects so my goal was to make this simple and adaptable. With less than 10 steps and materials from my own craft supply, this little project couldn’t be easier. So have fun and enjoy getting creative with your own craft supplies!
[Tweet “How To Draw A Blowing Dandelion free hand #diy #blowingdandelion”]
- Using a paint pen, draw a line for the stalk with a small open circle at the top
- Draw small lines all around the open circle to create the center of the dandelion
- Draw a longer line out from the top of the center and one from both sides
- Fill in the spaces with lines of varying sizes
- Dot the tops of the outer lines and haphazardly dot on top of the inner lines
- Create a few dots blowing off the side of the paper
- Continue the dots blowing away on the second piece of paper
- Write the movie line or your own caption under the dots on the second piece of paper
9. After the dandelion has dried, secure it to the canvas with adhesive foam squares and you are done.
Our blowing dandelion canvas art is resting on our entry way table in a little vignette. It makes me smile each time I see it.
Follow our Crafts and DIY Project Pinterest Board