Shrimp Fried Rice is an easy recipe to make at home when you are craving some Chinese Food. Incorporate this recipe into your Weeknight Dinner Ideas because it’s an easy stir fry one dish dinner with lots of flavor and a nice change of pace.
If you have been around this blog for long, you know that my hubby does a fair share of the cooking in our home. I very much appreciate his cooking skills especially his penchant for creating desserts! He is our Shrimp Fried Rice chef and has been for quite a few years.
We like ours light on the soy sauce but you can certainly pour more into yours if you like. That is the beauty of cooking in your own kitchen, you can adjust recipes to suit your own taste.
Rice is a great food for stretching the grocery budget with some yummy meals like these.
More Dinners with Rice:
Our favorite topping for Shrimp Fried Rice is Yum Yum Sauce from the grocery store. It’s pricey so we watch for it to come on sale and try to always have some on hand. THIS is our preferred brand.
Cook the shrimp in a skillet on the stove prior to adding to the Shrimp Fried Rice stir fry. In keeping with the Chinese flair and flavors of this dish, we toss our shrimp in Soy Sauce in the skillet for just under 5 minutes. Shrimp cook fast so 5 minutes is long enough.
Jumbo Shrimp are best because you can cut them in half and have double the amount of meat in your Shrimp Fried Rice dish.
Printable Recipe Below
Cook your rice in the morning to make preparing the evening meal much quicker. Leftover rice works well for this dish too if you have the rest of the ingredients on hand and want to whip up a smaller version of Shrimp Fried Rice for yourself.
Frozen peas and carrots are perfect for this dish. Canned do not work well in this recipe because they will become too mushy during the constant stirring this dish requires for blending the flavors.
~~Follow our Recipes Board on Pinterest!~~
ALTERNATE VERSION BELOW. Keep Scrolling
- 1½ Cups Uncooked White Rice
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 Tbsp. Oil plus 1 additional Tbsp. Oil
- ¼ Cup plus 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas and Carrots, thawed
- 1 lb. Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- ½ Cup Chopped Onion (Optional)
- 1 pkg. Fried Rice Seasoning
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Add 1 tsp. salt.
- Stir rice into the boiling water then turn down to low and simmer for about 20 minutes until rice is done.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce in a skillet and cook the prepared shrimp for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a very large skillet or electric skillet and immediately add the rice.
- Stir fry the rice in the hot oil for several minutes until well heated, breaking up any clumps.
- Push all the rice to the side of the pan and add 1 Tbsp. Oil to which you quickly add the eggs.
- Scramble the eggs.
- Stir the scrambled eggs into the rice until well blended.
- Add the seasoning and ¼ Cup Soy Sauce and stir until well blended.
- Stir in the thawed Peas and Carrots.
- Last, add the cooked shrimp and stir into the mixture of Rice and Veggies.
- Serve and Enjoy!
During the Corona Pandemic while we are using what we have on hand we got a little creative with this meal. I shared a Facebook Live video making this dish with what we had on hand at the time. See it right here.
- 15 Most Popular Gifts For Women This Year - October 19, 2020
- 21 Crazy Easy Beginner Cricut Projects for You To Try - October 16, 2020
- Low Carb Creamy Turkey And Mushroom Soup Made From Scratch - October 6, 2020