This week we are sharing a few Family Friendly Mardi Gras Ideas for your celebrations. Keep scrolling for a breakdown of what Mardi Gras is really about.
Welcome To Merry Monday #243
Congratulations to all of our Features! We create Round Ups and Pin all of your posts!
Delicious Mardi Gras King Cake @Kippi At Home
Mardi Gras Layered Jello @Wondermom Wannabe
Family Friendly Mardi Gras Party @Intelligent Domestications
Quick & Easy King Cake @Intelligent Domestications
DIY Mardi Gras Mask for Kids @Cookies Coffee & Crafts
No Sew Mardi Gras Masks @The Scrap Shoppe
Mardi Gras Tablescape @The Painted Apron
What is Mardi Gras? Let me break it down.
- Mardi Gras is French for Fat Tuesday also known as Shrove Tuesday
- Shrove Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday.
- Ash Wednesday is a Christian Holy Day of prayer and fasting which begins the season of Lent. It takes place 46 days prior to Easter.
- Lent is a time of reflection and preparation for Christians prior to Easter. Lent lasts 40 days just as Jesus was tempted by Satan for 40 days. During Lent many Christians abstain from something in their life which is generally important to them such as desserts or alcohol. The abstention can be most anything these days including internet usage or social media. The idea is to fast from something you wouldn’t normally give up.
- Mardi Gras is a big celebration prior to the beginning of Lent. Lots of food is associated with Mardi Gras such as the King Cake.
~~~Share These Ideas to Pinterest~~~
What I’ve Been Up To
My hubby had Monday off for President’s Day and we took our two youngest grandchildren to visit Massee Lane Gardens in Marshallville, Ga. Of course I’ll share a blog posts soon but in the meantime, you can see a few of the beautiful photos right here in this Instagram post.
While it is still Winter in most of the country and technically here in Georgia too, my thoughts are turned to traveling my home state of Georgia. This may come as a surprise to many, I have a little sideline hobby. I enjoy sharing places to explore in Georgia and in fact have a little Facebook page called Explore Georgia Travels right here. Don’t gasp but I rarely share anything from my blog there. It’s genuinely intended to help folks find places to go and things to do while in Georgia.
This week with the help of a grandson, I updated my annual Spring & Summer Fairs and Festivals in Georgia post. It’s a little thing I like to update about this time every year then plan to head out to a few myself.
Now, on to the Merry Monday Link Party #243!
Made In A Day l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram
Mom Home Guide l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram
Our Crafty Mom l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram
DIY Adulation l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram
Host Featured Posts
All features are pinned to the Merry Monday Link Party Board!
Help support the party & grab a button to display on your blog or party page!
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
What we’re looking for this week for possible features in February:
- Recipe themes – Casserole, Cherries, Air Fryer, Low Carb, strawberries.
- Home – Organization ideas, Spring cleaning tips, printables
- Occasions – Mardi Gras, Spring, St. Patrick’s Day
- Crafts & Activities -Mardi Gras crafts, decor, games, and printables. Spring and St. Patrick’s Day crafts, games, and activities.