Bacon and party appetizers were meant to be together! These Glazed Bacon Crackers are addictive so make plenty. Only four ingredients too so they are easy on the party budget!
Welcome to Day 5 of the Fourth Annual 12 Days of Christmas Series!
We have teamed up with 50 plus bloggers to bring you a oodles of DIY Ideas and Recipes to make your holiday season merrier. There are 12 different posts in the series and we have spread them out over a four week period with three posts per week. Now is the time to subscribe!
GO HERE for the complete list of Dates and Topics plus a collection of most popular holiday ideas including ornaments, games, recipes and more from all 50 plus talented bloggers!
It’s Day 5 and we are sharing Holiday Party Food Ideas!
These Glazed Bacon Crackers are so easy to make, only 4 ingredients and one of those is bacon so yeah, they are good! If you are looking for that one appetizer to impress your guests, stop looking because this is it!
What would a party be without a bacon appetizer! Seriously, bacon makes everything better!
[Tweet “Glazed Bacon Crackers! Easy appetizer with only 4 ingredients! #baconcrackers #partyfood”]
I use thick sliced bacon but thin will work too. You will cut your bacon into small pieces so they will fit onto the cracker which means you only need about a half pound of bacon for a sheet pan full of crackers. Keep in mind the bacon will shrink while cooking so if it is hanging off the edge of the cracker a little bit that will be okay.
Any cracker will do, even saltines but I use this brand of Pretzel crackers because of the flavor and that covering of salt which enhances the bite.
Oven temps vary depending on your stove. About 15-20 minutes in a 350° oven will crisp the bacon and melt the brown sugar just enough to create a sweet little glaze. They may appear slightly burned because of the toasted brown sugar. They are perfectly sweet and salty with a cracker crunch! Delicious party food!
- 1 box of your favorite crackers (Buttery flavors are best)
- 1 12 oz. pkg. of bacon
- About ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- Place a cooling rack onto a baking sheet with sides.
- Place the crackers side by side onto the cooling rack.
- Cut each slice of bacon into pieces which will fit on each cracker. (We used thick sliced bacon and were able to get 4 crackers per slice of bacon)
- Sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar on top of each bacon topped cracker.
- Now sprinkle with the smoked paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350° until done, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Scroll down for many more Holiday Party Food Ideas for your holiday season!