Corned Beef and Cabbage is not something we cook often but when we do it’s fabulous! My recipe is simple with only six ingredients for this hearty one dish dinner.
We toss in potatoes and carrots making this a hearty stick-to-the-ribs one dish dinner. Corned Beef and Cabbage is perfect for any time of year but especially for fall or your St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
The slow cooking process makes the corned beef and cabbage super tender! You cannot beat a good one dish dinner, can you?
I have owned a few Crockpots through the years and this one is my all time favorite!
- 1 corned beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut
- 4 carrots, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 head cabbage, chopped or cut into wedges
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes and carrots into the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Add the brisket.
- Season to taste.
- Add just enough water to cover the brisket.
- Cover and cook on high about 2 hours until meat is getting tender.
- Add the cabbage and continue to cook on high about 2 or 3 hours until meat and cabbage are tender.
- Slice brisket against the grain. Serve and enjoy!
I cut my potatoes really big so I could put them in the Crockpot for a long time. If you wish your potatoes smaller, wait and put them in the Crockpot with the cabbage. You can also use small red potatoes without peeling them but be sure to wash them first.
Before slicing your Corned Beef, be sure to allow it to rest for a while so the juices won’t all be lost. Also, you want to cut against the grain with corned beef.
We support these fabulous blogs.
More Easy One Dish Dinners
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Scarecrow Candy Corn Centerpiece - August 17, 2018
- Crescent Roll & Sausage Breakfast Casserole - August 14, 2018
- Hand Held Food Made From Scratch (Merry Monday 217) - August 12, 2018