Corned Beef and Cabbage is not something we cook often but when we do it’s fabulous! My recipe is simple with only six ingredients for this hearty one dish dinner.
We toss in potatoes and carrots making this a hearty stick-to-the-ribs one dish dinner. Corned Beef and Cabbage is perfect for any time of year but especially for fall or your St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
More Crockpot Recipes
- Not Quite Mississippi Crockpot Roast
- Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Crockpot Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
- Crockpot Beef Tips & Gravy
The slow cooking process makes the corned beef and vegetables super tender! Plus you cannot beat a good one dish dinner, can you? My recipes uses only 6 ingredients making it even easier to get cooking.
- Corned beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
- Russet potatoes
- Fresh Cabbage
I have owned a few Crockpot’s through the years and this one is my all time favorite!
I cut my potatoes really big so I can put them in the Crockpot for a long time. If you wish your potatoes to be cut smaller, wait and put them in the Crockpot with the cabbage. You can also use small red potatoes without peeling them but be sure to wash them first. I use a vegetable brush like this for washing fresh potatoes.
~~~Follow our Crockpot/Slow Cooker Recipes Board on Pinterest~~~
Before slicing your Corned Beef, be sure to allow it to rest for a while so the juices won’t all be lost. Also, you want to cut against the grain with corned beef.
GROCERY LIST FOR THIS MEAL:
- Corned Beef Brisket (about 4 pounds)
- 3 medium russet potatoes (Red potatoes optional)
- 4 whole carrots (we use whole so we can slice them into the penny slices)
- 1 medium head cabbage
- Salt & Pepper
KITCHEN TOOLS USED
- Crockpot like this 7 qt. one
- Vegetable brush like this one
- Kitchen knives: these are my current favorites
- Vegetable Peeler: My most favorite ever is this one!
A simple Crockpot recipe for a St. Patrick's Day or Fall Favorite, Corned Beef and Cabbage. One Pot meal!
- 1 corned beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut
- 4 carrots, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 head cabbage, chopped or cut into wedges
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes and carrots into the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Add the brisket.
- Season to taste.
- Add just enough water to cover the brisket.
- Cover and cook on high about 2 hours until meat is getting tender.
- Add the cabbage and continue to cook on high about 2 or 3 hours until meat and cabbage are tender.
- Slice brisket against the grain. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 176Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 15mgSodium 89mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 6gSugar 7gProtein 9g