This Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe is a one pot meal with only 6 ingredients. It’s an easy Crockpot recipe which makes a hearty one dish dinner for any time of the year.
Make this Crockpot Corned Beef recipe to celebrate the Irish holiday in the Spring or anytime of the year. We enjoy this hearty one pot meal in the Fall too.
The slow cooked corned beef makes the meat tender and delicious and the corned beef spices have lots of time to marinade the meat while it is cooking.
Adding the vegetables into the Slow cooker allows them to soak in the flavors of the corned beef seasoning as well.
Ingredients for Corned Beef & Cabbage Meal
- Corned beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
- Russet potatoes
- Fresh Cabbage
I have owned a few Crockpot’s through the years and this one is my all time favorite!
Cooking Tip for cutting the potatoes
I cut my potatoes really big so I can put them in the Crockpot for a long time. If you wish your potatoes to be cut smaller, wait and put them in the Crockpot with the cabbage.
You can use small red potatoes without peeling them but be sure to wash them first. I use a vegetable brush like this for washing fresh vegetables.
How To Cut Cabbage for Corned Beef and Cabbage meal
First cut the cabbage in half to make it more manageable. Then, you can cut the halves in half if you like. Next, begin slicing through small sections of the cabbage until you have cut up the entire head. This is one way to slice cabbage into thin pieces.
If you like big bite size pieces, you will still begin by cutting the head of cabbage in half. Then cut the halves in half but not the long way. Now, begin chopping into big chunks before cooking.
Always rinse your cabbage in a colander under cool running water after cutting up and before cooking.
~~~Follow our Crockpot/Slow Cooker Recipes Board on Pinterest~~~
Before slicing your Corned Beef, be sure to allow it to rest for a few minutes so the juices won’t all be lost. If you slice the meat too soon, you will lose the juices.
Grocery Shopping List for Corned Beef & Cabbage Meal
- Corned Beef Brisket (about 4 pounds)
- 3 medium russet potatoes or small Red potatoes if you like
- 4 whole carrots (we use whole so we can slice them into the penny slices)
- 1 medium head cabbage
- Salt & Pepper
KITCHEN TOOLS USED
- Crockpot like this 7 qt. one
- Vegetable brush like this one
- Kitchen knives: these are my current favorites
- Vegetable Peeler: My most favorite ever is this one!
A simple Crockpot recipe for a St. Patrick's Day or Fall Favorite, Corned Beef and Cabbage. One Pot meal!
- 1 corned beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut
- 4 carrots, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 head cabbage, chopped or cut into wedges
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes and carrots into the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Add the brisket.
- Season to taste.
- Add just enough water to cover the brisket.
- Cover and cook on high about 2 hours until meat is getting tender.
- Add the cabbage and continue to cook on high about 2 or 3 hours until meat and cabbage are tender.
- Slice brisket against the grain. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 176Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 15mgSodium 89mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 6gSugar 7gProtein 9g
Nutritional information provided is not entirely accurate based on differences in ingredients and brands of ingredients in households.
More One Pot Meal or One Dish Dinner Ideas We Love
Skillet Cabbage Rice and Sausage. There is so much flavor in this recipe and it’s a family favorite at our house. We use brown rice for added fiber.
Anytime there is macaroni and cheese involved, the kids ears perk up. This recipe for Broccoli & Sausage Macaroni Casserole is another easy to toss together Crockpot meal.
Easy Sausage & Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner recipe. I love how easy this one is to pop in the oven. If you cover the pan with foil there is even easier clean up.
Crockpot Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti. Oh. My. Goodness. This dish is super delicious and even better as leftovers the next day.
Don’t forget to make a good homemade pizza now and then. It does qualify as a one dish dinner! Easy Homemade Three Meat Pizza recipe.