Corned Beef and Cabbage is not something we cook often but when we do it’s fabulous! My recipe is simple with only six ingredients for this hearty one dish dinner.
We toss in potatoes and carrots making this a hearty stick-to-the-ribs one dish dinner. Corned Beef and Cabbage is perfect for any time of year but especially for fall or your St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
More Crockpot Recipes
- Not Quite Mississippi Crockpot Roast
- Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Crockpot Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
- Crockpot Beef Tips & Gravy
The slow cooking process makes the corned beef and vegetables super tender! Plus you cannot beat a good one dish dinner, can you? My recipes uses only 6 ingredients making it even easier to get cooking.
I have owned a few Crockpot’s through the years and this one is my all time favorite!
I cut my potatoes really big so I can put them in the Crockpot for a long time. If you wish your potatoes to be cut smaller, wait and put them in the Crockpot with the cabbage. You can also use small red potatoes without peeling them but be sure to wash them first.
~~~Follow our Crockpot/Slow Cooker Recipes Board on Pinterest~~~
Before slicing your Corned Beef, be sure to allow it to rest for a while so the juices won’t all be lost. Also, you want to cut against the grain with corned beef.
- 1 corned beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut
- 4 carrots, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 head cabbage, chopped or cut into wedges
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes and carrots into the bottom of the Crockpot.
- Add the brisket.
- Season to taste.
- Add just enough water to cover the brisket.
- Cover and cook on high about 2 hours until meat is getting tender.
- Add the cabbage and continue to cook on high about 2 or 3 hours until meat and cabbage are tender.
- Slice brisket against the grain. Serve and enjoy!
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Clever Ways To Repurpose Clothes Hangers For Storage - January 21, 2020
- 10 Most Popular Recipes and Home Ideas of the Decade - January 16, 2020
- Most Popular Recipes And Ideas of 2019 - January 14, 2020