My Glazed Baked Spam recipe is one of those old family favorites we all love. It’s super easy with only three ingredients and 20 minutes cook time.
Spam is available in quite a few options including turkey and low sodium both of which we have enjoyed. I used low sodium in this recipe.
I can’t remember the first time I ever ate Spam. It’s been on the menu occasionally for so long in my family. We really enjoy Spam in the summer when we seem to prepare easier meals.
A few fun facts about Spam
- There is a Spam Museum in Austin, MN.
- Spam holds an annual Great American Spam Championship contest.
- There are Spam festivals held each year in many places, especially Hawaii
- Spam was served to the soldiers in WWII
- Some people wear Spam costumes like this one at Halloween
Meal prep doesn’t get much easier than this Glazed Baked Spam recipe!
Just slice the spam into even pieces. We like them fairly thin but not too thin. I usually get about 10 slices per can.
Then arrange the slices in a baking dish and pour the glaze over them as shown. Don’t forget to spray your baking dish first for easier clean up.
- 1 (12 oz.) can of Spam
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp. mustard
- Slice the Spam into even pieces
- Mix the brown sugar and mustard until completely dissolved.
- Arrange the Spam slices in a prepared baking dish.
- Pour the sauce evenly over all the slices.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350° uncovered for about 20 minutes.
Glazed Baked Spam really only needs to cook about 20 minutes uncovered. If you overcook, the Spam will be dry. I personally love those end pieces charred, they are my favorite. It’s like eating the crust from a pound cake, that’s my part!!
You can have this meal on the table in under 30 minutes.
You may want to save this one for those busy days when eating out isn’t an option. Your family will enjoy this flavorful and stick-to-the-ribs Glazed Baked Spam meal.
This post contains affiliate links which means we could potentially make a buck if you make a purchase through one of those links. Please see our Disclosure policy.
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Made From Scratch Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Fruity Dessert Recipes and Merry Monday Link Party #163 - July 16, 2017
- 7 Chicken Dinner Ideas for Summer and Merry Monday Link Party #162 - July 9, 2017