Rustic Fall Centerpiece DIY
How to make your own Rustic Fall Centerpiece using mostly Dollar Tree supplies. This Fall table decor is crafted using colorful faux leaves to create those cozy fall feels in our home.
Our new Fall Centerpiece is the first of a new series we have embarked upon with a few of my artful blogging friends.
We hope to inspire you to craft and create with us and look forward to seeing you on the third Friday of every month for all things Dollar Store. At the end of the post, you can click on the links to see the rest of the fall inspired DIY’s!
Let’s get started!
A printable list of supplies and instructions are below. The items pictured served as my inspiration and were not all used. That just means there is more to come!
First I shopped my home craft room for supplies left over from previous seasons. Then I made a trip to my Dollar Tree for a few more things I would need to make this Fall Centerpiece. It is entirely possible I brought back more than I went after. It happens. Did you know that you can shop online and Pick up in the store with free shipping at Dollar Tree? Yep, so shop early and often!
The cute little leafy pumpkin which becomes the center of attention is leftover Fall decor from previous years. I found six of those on clearance when our Hancock’s Fabric store went out of business. They are so cheap! See how I used them in a Thanksgiving Tablescape.
My first order of business was to glam up this gorgeous little votive candle holders. I could not believe my eyes when I spotted the pair on the vase shelf at Dollar Tree! There were only two so I grabbed them quick. Did you see my Insta Story about it?
Have you seen these stickers in the fall decor at Dollar Tree yet? I knew I wanted to use them somehow because I love that blingy leaf so they are going onto the bottom of the Votive holders! Because they are peel and stick it was super easy to do.
Instant glam in just the few seconds it took to cut, peel and stick. I love the falling leaves! The candles will add a nice warm charm to our Fall table decor.
My rectangular wood box is leftover from a bouquet of flowers I received a while back. He’s a keeper too! Three pieces of floral foam fit inside. I did have to trim one piece just a tiny bit.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
After adding the floral foam, the rest goes pretty quick.
First dab a small amount of hot glue on to set the votive candle holders in place.
Then I inserted a wooden skewer into the pumpkin and placed it in the center of the container.
Next use hot glue to attach a good amount of moss to hide the floral foam.
Cut the leaf stems apart using wire cutters. I like to sort them according to their patterns which makes it quicker to select the correct ones I want during the adding process.
ADDING THE LEAVES
This Fall centerpiece is designed to be the same both front and back so it can be used as a dining table centerpiece. With that in mind, be sure to do the same thing on one side that you do on the other. It’s all about symmetry.
I began adding the leaves in the center of the project and taking a look I think it’s coming together nicely.
Continue adding leaves taking care to do the same thing on one side that you do on the other. Use enough leaves for a nice full look all the way around.
ONE FINAL TOUCH
There are four of the pumpkin picks used, two on each side in the center. I added battery powered votive candles for the final touch.
Rustic Fall Centerpiece DIY
How to make your own rectangular Rustic Fall Centerpiece for table decor. This Fall table decor is designed to be seen from all sides for a table centerpiece.
- 4 bunches of Fall leaves (Dollar Tree)
- 1 pack small Pumpkins on a stick (Dollar Tree)
- 1 Styrofoam Pumpkin for center
- 2 Glass Votive Candle holders (Dollar Tree)
- 1 pkg. peel and stick Fall leaves with faux jewels (Dollar Tree)
- 1 small pkg. Spanish moss (Dollar Tree)
- Rectangular container
- Floral foam, enough to fit in your container (Dollar Tree)
- 1 Wooden skewer
- Wire Cutters
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue
- Cut the peel and stick jeweled leaves to fit the glass votive
- Apple the peel and stick jeweled leaves to the votive
- Now fit the floral foam into your rectangular container. I did not glue the foam into the container.
- Dab a small amount of hot glue onto the bottom of the Votive's and place them near the ends of the container as shown in the pictorial tutorial (see blog post)
- Insert the wooden skewer into the bottom of your pumpkin and then insert the pumpkin into the center of the container.
- Now add the moss using the hot glue. Dab some hot glue and carefully apply the moss. It's easy to get burned to be careful.
- Time to add the leaves. Use the wire cutters to cut apart all of the leave stems
- Begin in the center and be sure to add exactly the same 2 matching leaves on the opposite side. Simply insert each stem into the foam leaving the center leaves up a little close to the bottom of the pumpkin.
- Now begin filling in around the rest of the container with more leaves pushing them down close to the base so leaves are hanging over the edge.
- Last thing to do is add the pumpkins. I placed two in the front and two in the back toward the center.
- Pop a battery operated votive candle in your holders and enjoy your new Fall Centerpiece!
Please check out more amazing fall Dollar Store DIY’s on our Dollar Store Divas blog hop! And because we all love crafting with Dollar Store items, we will be back every month with a themed Dollar Store blog hop. We have a snazzy new name-Dollar Store Divas!
What a lovely centerpiece… and your tutorial is wonderful, too! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Turn About, Shirley! Pinned!
Gorgeous centerpiece, Shirley! I love the different heights of the pieces and that you could re-use a flower box for this. The colors are perfect for a rustic fall look.
This turned out so pretty. I would never guess these are dollar store items. I love the video too. It’s very clever to use the picks and arrange them.
Your centerpiece turned out great, I really love that pumpkin on the top. I bet it looks beautiful on your table this Fall.
Your centerpiece is so creative and adorable using items from the dollar store, Shirley! I can almost feel your excitement in describing your awesome dollar store finds!
This is beautiful! I would proudly display this for fall! I love those leaf sticker with all the bling. I need to look for those the next time I go. Great project Shirley!