This easy baked peaches recipe is a keeper, one to stick on the side of the refrigerator. Only 3 ingredients are standing between you and this southern summer food dessert delicacy.
It’s Farmer’s Market Week which means we have teamed up with quite a few of our food blogger friends to bring you lots of recipes made with fresh fruits and vegetables made from scratch! The recipe list is near the end so keep scrolling for more.
The ingredient list for these baked peaches is short and sweet. You will want to print this recipe and use it year after year during peach season.
- Farm fresh peaches
- Ground Cinnamon
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream (optional)
It is not hard to bake peaches. Basically you slice them in half, remove the pit and they are ready to bake. But first we need to enhance the sweetness just a bit because while peaches are considered sweet, they are not very sweet at all.
If you are traveling through Georgia down I-75 near Fort Valley, plan a stop at Lane Southern Orchards where peaches are celebrated year round, especially in the summer during peach season.
How To Sweeten Peaches for Baking
There are multiple ways to enhance the sweetness of the peach.
Sugar. A spoonful of sugar sprinkled onto the raw surface of the fresh cut peach will work. Allow it to soak in a bit before baking preferably.
Honey. A natural sweetener and a good choice. It’s gluten free. We use honey in our Peach Mango Salsa recipe as a natural sweetener.
Maple Syrup which pairs well with peaches to add a sweet taste. It’s our choice for this particular recipe and we are not afraid to use it in the homemade whipped cream topping too.
Begin by cutting your fresh peaches in half and removing the pit. Don’t worry about peeling the skin off. We leave it for this peach recipe.
We do peel the peaches first for our Mini Peach Parfait recipe. It’s served from a small jelly jar and made using fresh peaches sliced thin. Another yummy farm to table recipe for summer food.
Gently remove the peach pits and using a small spoon to scrap the center where. One the pit has been removed, the is a bit of a hard surface in the center, that is what you are removing.
Sweeten The Peaches
It is time to drizzle on the syrup and then sprinkle on the cinnamon. Use a pastry brush to baste the surface of the peach with the syrup. Then sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
Now, bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until the peaches are nice and soft and hot. Theses peaches will make your house smell delicious while they are baking just like our Crockpot Apple Dumplings make the house smell like Fall.
This peach recipe is a keeper, one to stick on the side of the refrigerator. Only 3 ingredients are standing between you and this southern summer food dessert delicacy.
- 4 Large Peaches, cut in half with the pits removed
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. real Maple syrup
- Whipped Cream for garnish (optional)
Turn oven on to 350°
Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit. Use a spoon to scrap the hole where the pit was to remove the tough skin.
Arrange peach halves in the bottom of a sprayed baking dish or a lined baking pan. It is okay if the sides of the peaches are touching.
Baste the tops of the peaches with the maple syrup then sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes until the peaches are tender and hot. Poke with a fork to test for tenderness.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
Top with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired.
Serve and enjoy
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Butternut Mountain Farm, 100% Pure Maple Syrup From Vermont, Grade A, Amber Color, Rich Taste, All Natural, Easy Pour Jug, 32 Fl Oz, 1 Qt
McCormick Ground Cinnamon, 18 Ounce (Pack of 1)
Anchor Hocking 8-inch Square Glass Baking Dish with Airtight TrueFit Lid, Teal, Set of 1
Torani Peach Syrup, 25.35 oz
Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea, Country Peach Passion, 20 Count (Pack of 6)
Amish Peach Jalapeno Jam - Two 18 Oz Jars
Tuesday’s Farmers Market Week Recipes
- Cinnamon Baked Peaches Easy Dessert Recipe by Intelligent Domestications
- Green Cucumber Mint Smoothie by Our Sutton Place
- Grilled Garlic Parmesan Corn on the Cob by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Harvest Squash and Rigatoni by Making Miracles
- Hungarian Wax Pepper Jelly by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sautéed Mexicorn by Palatable Pastime
More Delicious Recipes Using Fruit
- Apple Banana Oat Nut Muffins
- Southern Pear & Cherry Salad
- Easy Banana Bread Recipe, No Mixer Needed
- Watermelon Blueberry Salad
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Citrus And Herb Turkey Brine
- Homemade Crescent Apple Turnovers
- Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin and Cabbage
- Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Cherry Sweet Rolls Not Quite From Scratch
- Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
- Peach Mango Salsa
- Make This Easy Autumn Mug As A Beginner Cricut Project - September 29, 2020
- Gluten Free Delicious Baked Apple Crisp Recipe - September 28, 2020
- 33 Halloween Movies The Whole Family Will Love To Watch - September 14, 2020