Our Plaid Decorated Christmas Tree this year incorporates multiple patterns of plaid including buffalo check and tartan. I didn’t stop there though, you will also sees polka dots and stripes.
If you consider a plaid decorated Christmas tree to be traditional then we sort of hit the mark. I’m a traditional Christmas decor kind of gal but I also enjoy some whimsy sprinkled in here and there which I think I did accomplished with this year’s Christmas tree.
Welcome To Our Third Annual Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop!
Looking for Christmas Tree decorating ideas? We are sharing 40 absolutely beautiful Christmas Trees from some of your favorite home decor bloggers.
Scroll all the way down to browse all of the Christmas Trees and get some new ideas for decorating yours!
MY CHRISTMAS TREE INSPIRATION
My tree this year is inspired by bow filled Christmas Trees in Christmas stores located at all of the vacation tourist spots particularly in Williamsburg Virginia which is which we visited this summer.
Last year was my first time decorating the tree with big bows. I went shopping with a coupon and bought myself this bow maker (affiliate) which I have had the most fun playing with again this Christmas season.
This year I decided to create a little whimsy and incorporate plaids, stripes, polka dots and even a chevron pattern into the tree this year. We even topped the tree with a fun Snowman hat.
My Ornament Exchange partner this year sent me a set of these perfectly crocheted buffalo plaid ornaments! I love it so much I hung it in the front. It goes really well with the black and white decor added to the tree. Go here to see all of the DIY Ornaments in the exchange this year. You will find some ideas you can use too.
Another new addition to our Christmas Tree is this B-E-L-I-E-V-E ornament I found here. They were unfinished and I painted them to match my decor. All the paint details and before pictures can be found here.
OUR CHRISTMAS TREES
Our first Christmas in this home we used a real tree and enjoyed the trip to the Christmas Tree farm. This home has very high ceilings so the tree needed to be large and our fake tree is only 6 ft so that wouldn’t work. Decorating that great big real tree with the super wide bottom was quite the chore and I broke out the ribbon but no bows. See it here.
Last year was our first year with the new fake one which is about 9 ft. tall but no where near as big around as that first real one we bought. I had been decorating a 6 ft tree for nearly 20 years so it was quite the challenge to decorate such a large tree. Enter the big bows inspired by those Christmas shops we love to visit on vacation! See last years tree right here.
This year I set out to include some buffalo check into my tree and mantle decor and quickly realized I couldn’t survive without other plaids and patterns as well simply due to my love for whimsy. It was my hubby’s idea to add the Snowman hat as a topper. We love how it turned out and we’re ready to enjoy the season!
Scroll down and browse all of the beautiful trees shared in this year’s Christmas Tree Blog Hop.
It’s the third year of the Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop hosted by Our Crafty Mom.
We hope you will visit the talented bloggers linked below. This blog hop is something we look forward to every year and we hope you do too.
Grab your favorite beverage and settle in for some beautiful Christmas Tree decor inspiration!
- Christmas Home Tour from Kippi at Home
- Christmas Tree With Traditional And Rustic Colors from Tribe of Burton
- Blue and White Chinoiserie Holiday Tree from Simple Nature Decor
- Colorful White Christmas Tree from Creative Ramblings
- A Farmhouse Style Christmas Tree from Simply Beautiful by Angela
- Christmas Trees 2019 from Virginia Sweet Pea
- Red Plaid Christmas Tree from 2 Bees in a Pod
- Christmas Tree Decor from Create and Babble
- DIY Luke 2 Christmas Tree from To Work with My Hands
- How To Decorate A Rustic Neutral Christmas Tree from One Thousand Oaks
- Simple and Elegant Country Class Christmas Tree Redneck Rhapsody
- Traditional Family Christmas Tree from Sustain My Craft Habit
- Christmas Tree Inspiration Ideas from My Life On Kaydeross Creek
- How To Put Ribbon On A Christmas Tree from Upright and Caffeinated
- Beautiful Minimal Christmas Tree Decor from Sonya Burgess
- Christmas Tree Ideas from Welcome to the Woods
- Christmas Tree Decor from Teadoddles
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Celebrate and Decorate
- Rustic Plaid Woodland Christmas Tree from Zucchini Sisters
- A Buffalo Check Flocked Christmas Tree from Weekend Craft
- Cozy Minimal Christmas Tree from Northern Feeling
- A Peppermint Striped Christmas Tree from County Road 407
- Elegant Flocked Christmas Tree With Blue and Silver from Our Crafty Mom
- Fabulous Tree in Blue, Rose Gold and Copper from Across the Boulevard
- Mini Beachmas Tree from My Pinterventures
- Plaid Decorated Christmas Tree from Intelligent Domestications
- Red Truck Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree from Modern on Monticello
- Christmas Tree Decor from Southern Yankee DIY
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from First Day of Home
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from From House to Home
- Christmas Tree Home Tour from Just That Perfect Piece
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Farmhouse Inspired Christmas Tree from Daily DIY Life
- Decorated Flocked Christmas Tree With Homemade Ornaments from Thrifted Nest
- Farmhouse Christmas Tree from Domestic Deadline
- Christmas Tree Decor from A Life Unfolding
- Christmas Tree from Oh Fiddle Dee Dee
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Happily Ever After, etc.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 10 Most Popular Recipes and Home Ideas of the Decade - January 16, 2020
- Most Popular Recipes And Ideas of 2019 - January 14, 2020
- Easy White Beans And Ham Soup - January 6, 2020