Get out your Bundt pan and preheat the oven to 350°! We are about to make a Chocolate Pound Cake with Chocolate Fudge Glaze!
Welcome to Choctoberfest!
We have joined a hundred plus of our food blogger friends to bring you hundreds of new Chocolate Recipes all week long! You will find all of their links with pictures of their chocolate recipes at the end of this post!
To make Choctoberfest even more exciting our sponsors are giving away more than $400 of prizes! Go Here to enter! Ended
Chocolate desserts are the answer to a whole lot of life’s problems. It may not solve the problem but it at least help you feel a little bit better. Did you know that 75% of chocolate candy purchased is by men buying it for women?
I wonder what the percentage of women baking chocolate desserts for their family may be. One of our family favorite recipes is my Mom’s chocolate cake with fudge icing which appears by request at most holidays. For those who want more cake and less icing, I developed this Chocolate Pound Cake and drizzled it with Homemade Fudge!
It is still my preference to grease and flour cake pans. I have found it to be the best way to keep the cake from sticking to the pan. I use shortening for the greasing process. You should always keep some shortening on hand for seasoning your iron skillets too.
I use a Bundt pan which has been in my kitchen more years than I can remember. This one is very similar to mine. When you buy the good tools, they will last you forever. Spending a few extra bucks can actually save you money in the long run.
Stackable cooling racks are the best because not only does air circulate well underneath but if you are on a baking frenzy you can cool several things at one time.
The cooling process before icing a cake is the most painful if you are anxious for a slice!
My Mom and her Mom used Dixie Crystal sugar so it just makes good sense that it’s my preference too! I always stock up my pantry just before baking season. Yes, there is such a thing as baking season in my world.
Stock your pantry and refrigerator with these ingredients for baking season:
- Granulated Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Vanilla Beans
- Large Eggs
- Butter (not margarine)
Don’t forget to Print your Grocery Coupons from our Coupon page!
Cherries and chocolate go together like peanut butter and jelly! Be sure to have a jar of cherries on hand when you bake this decadent Chocolate Pound Cake made from scratch! Your family and friends deserve a cherry with every slice!
Download or Print the recipe below.
We love tricks with cake mix but sometimes made from scratch is what we really want! This Chocolate Pound Cake recipe is an easy cake recipe. It’s just a matter of mixing the simple ingredients and pouring into the pan. There are no extra steps and because it is a Bundt cake, there is only one pan!
Download or Print this made from scratch Chocolate Pound Cake recipe below.
Glaze this cake with our made from scratch Chocolate Fudge Recipe is HERE.
A light chocolate pound cake drizzled with a homemade chocolate glaze will satisfy any chocolate crazing.
- ½ Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 3 Cups granulated sugar (I use Dixie Crystal)
- 6 large eggs
- 3 Cups All-Purpose flour, sifted
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ Cup cocoa
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 tsp. chocolate extract
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Beat shortening and butter on medium speed 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar while continuing to beat for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time while continuing to beat.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix at low speed after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate extract.
- Pour batter into a 9 or 10 inch Bundt pan or tub pan which has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Oven temperatures vary. Cake is done when a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Pour Chocolate Glaze over top of cake. Put on some coffee and invite some friends over!
USE OUR EASY CHOCOLATE FUDGE RECIPE TO GLAZE THE CAKE. Click her for the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 584Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 141mgSodium 289mgCarbohydrates 78gFiber 2gSugar 50gProtein 8g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.
Browse even more Chocolate Recipes my Foodie Blogger friends below!
- Vanilla Milkshake with Sprinkles Best Ever Summer Dessert - June 26, 2020
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe - June 22, 2020
- 4th of July Party Ideas-Summer Food, Decor & Games - June 15, 2020