Here is your crowd pleasing, company’s coming best ever breakfast casserole recipe! Save this one, print it and put it with all of your best recipes for when you want to impress your guests!
This breakfast casserole recipe is so delicious there are never leftovers. If you are feeding a crowd just go ahead and make two!
If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I love sharing recipes and food! This Crescent Roll & Sausage Breakfast Casserole has been making appearances in our home for several years so it is about time I shared the recipe! We usually make it during the Christmas season when our daughter and son-in-law are visiting.
This recipe is one of my hubby’s. He is a fabulous cook! It’s perfect just like he makes with the Crescent roll bottom and the cheesy top!
More of my hubby’s popular recipes:
Is it just me or does it seem like he mostly enjoys making dessert!
Holidays are the perfect time to bring out your best recipes! This delicious breakfast casserole will serve nicely for either breakfast or brunch soirees during the holiday season especially Christmas morning.
This Crescent Roll & Sausage Breakfast Casserole is a perfect dish to take along for Sunday School or Fellowship gatherings.
It’s time saver for preparation since you begin the day before and let it marinade overnight before baking the next day.
Refrigerate any leftovers within 2 hours. Reheat in microwave on low for 30 seconds at a time until heated through.
Sides to serve with breakfast casserole:
- Fresh fruit in season is a nice side to serve with your breakfast casserole.
- Grits are also a good side to serve with breakfast casserole. See our Secret To Cooking Good Grits.
Use an oblong glass baking dish for your Crescent Roll & Sausage Breakfast Casserole. I have several the same size for holiday cooking and casserole season.
The beauty of a nice glass baking dish is that you can serve from the baking dish so less clean up is involved!
You will need ground sausage, Crescent Rolls (I prefer this brand), shredded cheese, eggs, half-n-half and seasonings. Because this recipe is versatile, you can add veggies like tomatoes, spinach, peppers, mushrooms or most any chopped vegetable you may like in an egg casserole.
Scroll down for printable recipe.
Also see this recipe for Baked Egg & Veggie Muffin Cup Omelets
Make room in the refrigerator because you will prepare this dish the night before.
[Tweet “Delicious Crescent Sausage Egg & Cheese Overnight Breakfast Casserole easy recipe! #breakfastcasserole”]
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 (8oz.) pkg. Crescent Rolls
- 6 Large eggs
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheese
- ½ Cup Half-n-half
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Brown and drain sausage. Let cool.
- Prepare 9x13 glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Open Crescent Rolls, unroll and lay out flat.
- Line the bottom of the dish with the Crescent roll dough pinching together to form a crust.
- Spread the sausage on top of the Crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of sausage.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- To Bake
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and seasonings.
- If you are adding veggies, now is the time to blend them into the egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage and cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and reduce heat to 325°
- Continue baking until the egg mixture is set, approximately 15 to 25 minutes or when knife inserted comes out clean.
- 3 Reasons To Grow A Salad Bowl Garden - April 13, 2021
- Year-Round Indoor Salad Gardening: How to Grow Nutrient-Dense, Soil-Sprouted Greens in Less Than 10 days: Book Review - April 12, 2021
- Ultimate Easter Magic Cookie Bars Recipe - March 31, 2021