This post was updated June 8, 2020
WHY WE NEED TO REPURPOSE
I am always looking for ways to repurpose or upcycle things that may not break down in the landfill. We recycle but if we can repurpose items into a household use, we do that first.
I remember my cousin telling me once that she hoped she never has to wash out a Ziploc bag to reuse it. That was years ago and the economy fell once since then back in 2008. We had a few hard years financially.
Fast forward to 2020 and now our economy has been affected by the recent ongoing pandemic. We have to tighten our purse strings. If the worse thing that happens is we need to wash out a Ziploc bag, we are in good shape!
- Economical. Repurposing and upcycling saves money on items we might otherwise be tempted to buy. When I needed my kitchen junk drawer organized to save my sanity, I used empty food boxes. It turned out great!
- Creative. You get to explore your creativity! I made this outdoor solar light by upcycling an old floor lamp. It was fun whimsical decor and a conversation piece for us.
- Environmentally friendly. We can all reduce our footprint by using clever ways to repurpose common household items. We use our dryer lint by stuffing it into empty toilet paper rollers and using it for fire starter.
- Clever and Unique Home Decor. You can even repurpose home decor. See how I turned these fall pumpkins into winter snowmen to decorate my front porch for Christmas.
WE HAVE MORE FRUGAL LIVING IDEAS
- How To Build A Clothesline
- 15 Tips To Reduce Spending
- 7 Ways To Reduce Your Winter Energy Bill
- 5 Common Household Items Repurposed
- 31 Clever New Uses For Ordinary Household Items
FOLLOW Our Repurpose Board on Pinterest
- Vanilla Milkshake with Sprinkles Best Ever Summer Dessert - June 26, 2020
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe - June 22, 2020
- 4th of July Party Ideas-Summer Food, Decor & Games - June 15, 2020