Comfort food comes in many forms and our Classic Lasagna is one of the most desired forms without a ton of ingredients.
Most cooks learn to make lasagna early on. I remember being intimidated by the very idea of not only preparing lasagna but the high cost of the ingredients! Our Classic Lasagna recipe does not use a ton of ingredients so it won’t break the bank or leave the kitchen a disaster.
We use store bought sauce, gasp! Hey, good cooks use good products so pick your favorite jar of pasta sauce up at the grocery store and get cooking!
We now have grocery coupons on the blog! Head over to our Grocery Coupons page and grab all you need!
- 1 lb. Lasagna, uncooked
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 lb. ground sausage, browned and drained.
- 1 jar (28 oz.) of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 (32 oz) container of Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (reserve ½ cup)
- 8 oz. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Brown and drain the meat then return it to the skillet.
- Pour the entire jar of sauce into the meat, stir and heat to boiling.
- Simmer with lid on about 5 minutes.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the dish.
- Top with one layer of lasagna noodles, uncooked.
- Spread a layer of Ricotta cheese onto the noodles.
- Sprinkle the Ricotta lightly with Mozzarella and Parmesan. (Reserve enough for all layers.)
- Now repeat by topping the cheeses with meat sauce, then noodles then cheeses again.
- Begin and end with meat sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with reserved mozzarella cheese then return to oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Only 7 ingredients and one skillet plus the baking dish make this recipe for Classic Lasagna easy and I like easy in my kitchen. Don’t you!?
This recipe is adaptable! We are mushroom lovers so I have been known to toss in some fresh chopped mushrooms and may even some minced garlic but then it really isn’t classic lasagna! Feel free to play around with your favorite variations!
If you are feeding a crowd you may like to also serve a salad and bread with your lasagna. We usually enjoy this dish on a weeknight with just some garlic bread which satisfies our need for some comfort food!
Which do you prefer Lasagna or Spaghetti?
We network with these amazing bloggers!
More Recipes with 7 or Less Ingredients