Sandwiches and summer go together so very well, don’t they! We always look forward to enjoying Stacy’s homemade pimento cheese spread during our sandwich eating season. We also enjoy pimento cheese spread sandwiches as a side with chili during the fall and winter. Because you can store this recipe in the refrigerator for up to one week, it’s great for party food during the holiday season as well.
Momma always said “It’s the finger that stirs the pot which makes the food good!” Stacy always mixes all of the ingredients together, stirs them well and sits it aside while he shreds the cheese. He simply refuses to use bagged shredded cheese declaring the flavors are better when you shred it yourself.
As born and bred southerners we are very loyal to Duke’s Mayonnaise which is the main ingredient!
I wouldn’t dare make Stacy’s pimento cheese spread recipe since he does such a fabulous job. He always shreds the cheese himself refusing to purchase the bags which are already shredded. He is always meticulous in the kitchen which is why his recipes are always much requested especially his Strawberry Cake!
We always refrigerate this recipe for homemade pimento cheese spread for a couple hours before we enjoy it. I know! Who wants to wait, right! Good things come to those who wait.
While pimento cheese spread sandwiches are traditionally served on loaf bread, we also enjoy using burger buns just for fun. I’m all about being frugal so we use up the leftover buns on sandwiches.
- 1½ cups mayonnaise (Duke's)
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese,shredded
- 1 (8-oz.) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Stir together the first five ingredients.
- Stir the shredded cheese into the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for up to one week.
Visit our Seven Ingredients or Less Pinterest Board for hundreds of easy recipe ideas!
Our favorite way to enjoy this pimento cheese spread in slightly melted on our Pimento Cheese Burgers! You can enjoy these on the Keto diet if you skip the bun!
We party with these blogs.
More Easy Recipes
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Repurpose Mayonnaise Jars Into Pretty Craft Storage Containers - February 22, 2018
- 10 Restaurants Where The Locals Eat In Macon, Ga. - February 21, 2018
- Breakfast In Minutes Jimmy Dean Simple Scrambles® - February 20, 2018