This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StreakFreeShine #CollectiveBias
We are sharing how to set up a speed cleaning kit using the same tools and products we used in our residential cleaning business.
Speed Cleaning your home occasionally will liberate your free time, usually Saturday’s if you are like us.
Set up your speed cleaning kit with just the essentials. Keep in mind that speed cleaning is not deep cleaning. When you just can’t stand a dirty house and you are short on time, do some speed cleaning using products you know will remove the dirt and grime.
- Organizing tray with a handle
- Windex® Vinegar Multi-Surface Cleaner
- Furniture Polish
- Paper towels (windows and glass)
- Dusting cloth (wood furniture)
- Microfiber cloth (solid surfaces like formica and marble)
- Feather duster
- Trash bag
You really only need two cleaners for speed cleaning, Windex® Vinegar Multi-Surface Cleaner and furniture polish. Our organizing tray with a handle came from the dollar store. Mine has been in use for many years and has been quite durable.
Now that you know how to set up a speed cleaning kit, let’s quickly go over some do’s and don’ts for speed cleaning your home.
Speed Cleaning Do’s and Don’ts
- Do have all your tools and equipment ready before you start cleaning (Speed Cleaning Kit)
- Remove all distractions (TV, Cell Phone)
- Do carry a trash bag with you from room to room. It will likely be ready to take out when you’re done.
- Do work in a definite pattern for optimum results. Start in the room nearest the front door and work your way through the house clockwise going from room to room.
- Do the same as above for each room using a definite pattern. Begin to the right of where you entered the room and work your way around the room and back out the door.
- Do not do laundry while speed cleaning.
Clutter and speed cleaning.
We are cleaning. We are not decluttering. The trick is to manage the clutter before you speed clean. Just in case you didn’t do that, try one of these tips.
The quickest thing to do is to pile it all in one spot and then go put everything away after you have finished the room. No walking back and forth while speed cleaning because it will slow you down.
Make a quick trip through the house to remove all clutter prior to beginning your speed cleaning. Carry a laundry basket with you to collect it all then tell everyone to get their own stuff from the basket. Good luck with that!
Do your decluttering on Friday evening before you go to bed. Saturday speed cleaning will go smoothly.
Take a quick walk through my home and I’ll show how I use my speed cleaning kit.
Everything I need for bedroom furniture, glass decor and mirrors is handy in my tray.
I know I am not the only one who loves that streak free shine on my mirrors!
My Windex® Vinegar Multi-Surface Cleaner in my kit cleans my vintage marble top side tables. I’ll be using it soon for spring cleaning windows too. I recommend waiting until after the pollen has settled to begin spring cleaning. My speed cleaning kit also has my furniture polish for the wood surfaces and a feather duster for lamps and decor.
While speed cleaning my home, I clean surfaces in the kitchen and bathrooms also. They say housework is it’s own reward. That mirror shine on my smooth top stove is my reward. Once that shine is visible the kitchen is closed.
Windex® Original Glass Wipes are great for quick clean ups in the bathroom too. I love adding them to my speed cleaning kit for a quick wipe down of bathroom counters and fixtures.
Stop by Kroger and pick up your Windex® Vinegar Multi-Surface Cleaner. Set up your speed cleaning kit and make plans to liberate your Saturday’s.