How To Speed Clean Your Home Like A Pro
Yes, you can speed clean your home. What is speed cleaning you ask? I would describe speed cleaning as tidying up your home quickly while accomplishing basic cleaning chores. There are a several key factors involved.
- Assemble all of your cleaning products into a carrying tray with a handle.
- Carry your cleaning tray with you from room to room and always keep it next to you for easy reach.
Also see How To Set Up A Speed Cleaning Kit
Second key factor is No Interruptions.
- No answering the phone, no texting, no TV, no conversations, no stopping to change loads in the laundry (this is house cleaning, not laundry day), no social media, in other words absolutely NO INTERRUPTIONS.
- Tackle each room beginning on one side and work your way around the room back to where you began. Remember to keep your Speed Cleaning Kit right next to you along the way. Always start at the top and work your way down and around the room.
There are a couple of different things you can do to deal with clutter on speed cleaning day.
- Drag a laundry basket along with you and toss all clutter into the basket. THEN, require everyone to fetch their possessions and put them away before they are allowed to eat again. (that seems harsh, doesn’t it!)
- Sit the clutter filled laundry basket in the laundry room and close the door.
- There is no magic cure for clutter. Best practice is to not let it happen. Use the laundry basket tip to containerize it all on speed cleaning day. Put that trash bag to good use too!
Trash management will be necessary so keep a large trash bag sitting just outside the door of the room you are working in. You will carry it from one room to the next to empty small trash cans into. Be sure to keep small bags with you to refill the cans as you empty them.
Floors are last
We are Speed Cleaning, not deep cleaning so no mopping but you simply must sweep and vacuum. Do the floors last in each room as you work your way through the house. Begin at the far end of the room and work your way out backwards.
Put away your cleaning supplies and relax! You deserve to relax!
In a nutshell
- Make less steps by carrying your speed cleaning tray with you from room to room.
- No interruptions!
- Begin near your front door and move methodically around the room from top to bottom. Keep your speed cleaning kit next to you.
- Carry a laundry basket along the way to collect clutter.
- Keep a large trash bag right outside of the door of each room.
- Do the floors last.
- When you are done, you can take that trash bag out. Put the cleaning tray away and enjoy your nice clean house!
- 15 Minute Floor Cleaning Tips
- How To Keep Your Dishcloth Stink & Stain Free
- 20 Clever Uses For Vacuum Attachments
- How To Take The Drudgery Out of Spring Cleaning
Popular Cleaning Tools for the Home
- Rubbermaid Extendable Scrubber (my fav tool for scrubbing showers!)
- Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover
- Bona Hardwood Floor Care System
- Bissell Bagless Vacuum
This is brilliant, as I believe you are as well.
I have bookmarked, shared and will begin process. ASAP! TY! #brillblogposts
Hi Shirley. Two Chicks and a Mom featured your helpful post at Snickerdoodle Link Party today. Hope you can visit again!
Great tips for a fast clean! I’d love for you to share over at Let’s Party! https://themarkandjanshow.com/2018/02/13/lets-party-8/ … we look forward to seeing you there!
I like this idea! The floors are the worst in my house. Everything else I can keep up with except them. Sharing on FB #MM
Sounds like a great plan – lots of really good ideas. So what time would you like to stop by hahahahaha! I like the idea of the basket to toss all the clutter in. When my kids were home, I would get so frustrated I would literally toss everything on the floor in their rooms in a big trash bag and give them one week to sort through it and put stuff away or it was going straight to Goodwill lol.