Hosting a WWE Party with Pun Name Food has become the norm in our home. We try to keep it to a minimum of the big events and of course Wrestlemania.
I get it, some of you Mom’s and Dad’s planning birthday parties are not familiar with all the WWE characters and don’t get the pun names so I’ll give you some inside info for this party. You will impress your guest of honor with your knowledge.
Sasha Franks are named for female wrestler Sasha Banks, a former Diva’s Division Champion.
The New Day tag team are currently huge in the WWE. Actually I am even a fan! Booty O Bars are named for their cereal called Booty O’s.
We did not actually set the ice cream on the table for the pictures but the name ‘Sawft’ is derived from the theme song of the tag team of Enzo and Big Cass.
The most popular catch phrase from Enzo is “My name is Enzo Amore and I am a certified G and a bonafide stud, and you can’t teach that! And this right here, this is Big Cass and he’s 7 foot tall and you can’t…teach…that! Bada boom! Realest guys in the room! How you doin?”
We simply had to have some fun with this catch phrase so you will find some ‘Certified Cheese’ and some ‘Bonafide Dud’s’ (Milk Dud’s candy) among our wrestling party food too.
Brock Lesnar is famous for tossing men around the wrestling ring like rag dolls with his suplex move. What better pun name food than some Crockpot soup called Soup-plex City. You could also call it Crock Lesnar Soup and be sure to make Broccoli Soup-plex.
We served Daniel Bry-Yam french fried sweet potatoes at our party. Another option would be Under-Tater’s (named for The Undertaker).
We served Superman Punch at our last party but went with Booker Tea this time. Booker T no longer wrestles but is always fun to listen to among the announcers.
WWE Superstar Roman Reigns has a move called ‘The Superman Punch‘ which is actually pretty cool to watch.
See how we used the Clear Glass Milk Bottles for our Cookies & Cocoa party.
Our WWE party menu
- Crockpot Broccoli Soup (Soup-Plex City)
- Crescent wrapped hot dogs (Sasha Franks)
- French fried sweet potatoes (Daniel Bry-Yams)
- Cheese Cubes on a toothpick (Certified Cheese)
- Toasted Oat Bars (Booty O Bars)
- Milk Duds (Bonafide Duds)
- Soft Serve Ice Cream (Sawft Serve Ice Cream)
- Tea (Booker Tea)
3 Ingredient Toasted Oat Bars Recipe (aka Booty O Bars)
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- (1) 10 oz. bag Fun Mallows miniature marshmallows (flavors are orange, strawberry, lemon and lime)
- 5 Cups toasted oats cereal
- Prepare a 13x9 inch pan by spraying with non-stick spray.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the bag of marshmallows and cook until completely melted stirring constantly.
- Dump in the cereal and stir until mixed well.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Smooth down with back side of wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate for about one hour.
- Cut into serving sizes and enjoy.
- TIP: Spray your wooden spoon with non-stick spray before use.