We are getting our new year started off right with a healthier breakfast choice and making brown bag breakfast jars to ensure success!
Our morning routine probably looks very similar to yours in the respect of how busy the mornings are. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and often the one which is skipped due to a shortage of time!
I have created a winning breakfast with our brown bag breakfast jars! Who doesn’t enjoy eating food from a Mason jar? It’s a fun way to start the day.
This article contains affiliate links.
Have you tried Post® Better Oats™ yet? You can find them on the breakfast aisle with a variety of flavors. They are steel cut with flax. My favorite is the Raw Bare with oats, barley, wheat, quinoa, and rye and yes, they are scrumptious. A scrumptious breakfast is a great way to start the day.
My New Year breakfast hack has set us up for a healthier start to every day. Did I mention how busy our mornings are? It’s always a mad dash just to get out the door. Is it like that at your house too? We are making our Brown Bag Breakfast Jars on Sunday afternoon, enough for the entire week. All we have to do is place one in our lunch bag and look forward to getting to the office.
Each 1/2 pint jar contains one package of Post® Better Oats™ in our favorite flavor. Our favorite oatmeal toppings are pecans and raisins. Making a healthy breakfast doesn’t get much easier!
The hot water comes from the office coffee maker. Just add 2/3 cup water and turn on the individual cup setting. Mason jars are made to sustain heat as they are used for canning foods. The jar will be hot so use caution and look forward to your warm hearty breakfast!
My hubby sometimes cooks his at home before the drive to work. He adds 2/3 cup of milk and cooks it in the microwave for 2 minutes. Then stir and replace the lid and ring. It’s ready to eat when he gets to work.
Ours is always a working breakfast but now with our Mason Jar Oatmeal, it’s a healthier breakfast!
Skip the drive-through. Make your favorite flavors of Mason Jar Oatmeal!
Mason Jar Oatmeal
- 1 pkg. Instant oatmeal
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp. Pecan pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Raisins
- Line up five 1/2 Pint Mason jars or one for each day of your work week.
- Into each jar, pour 1 package of instant oatmeal
- Add pecan pieces to each jar.
- Add raisins to each jar.
- Place lid and ring on jars and breakfast is ready for preparation.
- To cook your oatmeal, Add 2/3 cup hot water and stir carefully. Sit aside to allow the oatmeal to simmer for about 2 minutes. Stir occasionally. Enjoy!
- TOPPING OPTIONS: Brown sugar, Honey, Craisins, Coconut, Chocolate chips, Peanut butter, Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds, Fresh fruit: do not cook the fruit, stir in after oatmeal is done.