My Stovetop Grilled Easy Chicken Parmigiana Recipe has only 6 ingredients and is packed with homestyle flavor.
My recipe is inspired by a Chicken Parm dish that my husband and I used to order in a local restaurant in our hometown. It was a favorite for both of us and we ordered it all the time. This copy cat recipe is even better because it’s all home cooked!
Also See my copycat recipe for Mexican Three Meat House Special
Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Pasta Sauces make meal prep easier allowing you to cut down on ingredients. They’ve packed a lot of homestyle flavor in every jar. My Easy Chicken Parmigiana recipe is made with Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic flavor .
Linguine is our choice of pasta, prepared al dente.
I’m growing my own Basil in the kitchen right now. I’ve enjoyed using it as a garnish for home cooked meals and plan to dry it to make my own spice to use later.
First you want to pack a ton of flavor into your chicken thighs. Cooking with boneless, skinless chicken thighs creates a more tender and juicy piece of chicken with less fat.
Begin by marinading your chicken thighs in Italian dressing for at least 30 minutes. You can make this a 30 minute meal if you place the chicken in marinade early in the day so that it is ready to cook at dinner time. I use a plastic zip bag and massage the chicken a few times while marinading.
Dry Italian Dressing instead of Bread Crumbs
Then, pour out the liquid and sprinkle dry Italian dressing mix into the plastic bag and massage to cover all the thighs. You can create much more flavor by using the dry Italian dressing mix rather than the bread crumbs traditionally used for chicken parmigiana. It also makes the chicken a little lighter.
The chicken can be cooked in a skillet but I like to use my stove top griddle. My griddle is smooth on one side and ribbed on the other for that grilled look. It’s cast iron and yields a delicious flavor. I do not add oil to the griddle before cooking the chicken but I do spray the surface for easier clean up afterwards.
This Lodge Reversible Griddle is almost exactly like mine. It’s one of my favorite kitchen tools and especially handy for grilling hot dogs indoors.
Boil the Linguine noodles until tender according to package directions. Drain.
Heat the sauce in a skillet or sauce pan while the meat is cooking.
Dinner is ready to serve! My hubby says my new Easy Chicken Parmigiana recipe is even better than he remembers we used to have at that restaurant in our hometown.
Serve in a big wide bowl with noodles on the bottom, topped with sauce then chicken. Sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Make this meal even better by serving some Homemade Italian Butter with Italian sliced bread from the Deli.
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Jar Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic sauce
- 2 packs of dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 Cup Italian dressing
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 12 oz. Linguine noodles, cooked and drained.
- Marinade the thighs in the Italian dressing for at least 30 minutes. Put chicken in marinade in the morning to quick meal prep in the evening.
- Drain the marinade from the chicken.
- Toss the chicken with the 2 packs of dry Italian dressing mix to cover well.
- Grill chicken until done.
- Heat the Sauce in a saucepan while chicken is cooking.
- Boil noodles and drain while sauce is heating.
- Serve layered with noodles on bottom, then sauce, then chicken topped with a spoonful of sauce and finally sprinkled with the shredded Parmesan.
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Vanilla Milkshake with Sprinkles Best Ever Summer Dessert - June 26, 2020
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe - June 22, 2020
- 4th of July Party Ideas-Summer Food, Decor & Games - June 15, 2020