Welcome to the first year of our 12 Days of Christmas Series! Each year for the first twelve days of December we share 12 different Christmas topics with tons of ideas! This year we begin with 12 Family Friendly Party Games!
I’m so excited to have teamed up with Erlene of My Pinterventures to kick off our 12 Days of Christmas series with Party Games Ideas!
Follow along for all 12 days and you will find party ideas, recipes, DIY decor and ornaments, gift wrapping and so much more. Visit my Christmas Page for lots more ideas and more of our 12 Days of Christmas series.
Follow along on our social media for tons more ideas as we share daily!
12 Family Friendly Party Games
1. Pin The Carrot On the Snowman Game
2. Pink Elephant Slinky Game
The object of the game is to get your slinky to sit in place on your forehead. Attach the slinky to a wide headband. Perfect game for those with a competitive spirit.
3. Junk in the Trunk party game is loaded with laughter and can be played any time of the year!
4. Two Truths and a Lie (Ice breaker game)
- Hard surface for writing would be nice, like clip boards
Have all of the guests write down three facts about themselves, 2 truths and 1 lie.
Go around the room, one at a time, having each guest read aloud the 3 things they have written down.
One at a time, the remaining guests will guess which fact is the lie. Those who guess the lie correctly achieve 1 point. The guest with the most points at the end of the game is the winner. Complete the process with one person before moving on to the next.
5. The Toilet Paper Party Game (Icebreaker Game)
Need: 1 roll of toilet paper
As guest arrive, have them tear off as many sheets of toilet paper as they may need to play a game. Don’t tell them what the game is about. Just tell them to tear off as many sheets as they think they may need.
Once everyone has arrived, have them all sit in one room together, preferably facing one another. Explain the rules of the game. We will go around the room one at a time and tell something about ourselves. However many sheets of toilet paper you have are how many facts you must share about yourself.
6. Baby Rattle Game
To transfer all the gum balls from one bottle to the other before your opponent. Can be played in teams.
- 4 clean empty 2 ltr. bottles
- Duct tape
- Enough gumballs to fill 2 bottles half full
How to play
Fill 2 bottles half full with gumballs. Place the bottle with gumballs on a table. Tape an empty bottle onto the one with the gumballs at the spout such that the gumballs can be transferred though the 2 spouts. Repeat with second set of bottles. You will have 2 sets for competitions.
Have contestants pick up the bottles with the gumball bottle on the bottom. They will turn them over and begin to shake the gumballs into the empty bottle. The winner completes the task first. Can be played as a relay team game.
7. Moving On Up Party Game
- 39 plastic cups all the same color
- 1 plastic cup in a different color
The object of the game is to be the first one to move all the cups from the bottom of the stack to the top in 60 seconds. Contestants must use alternating hands each time to move the cups up.
Stack all 40 cups into one tall stack. The top cup should a different color from the rest.
This game is quite popular for parties. You can see it here at Counting My Kisses.
8. Hanky Panky Game
Need: Multiple boxes of tissue (160 per box) depending on how many people will be playing.
In this game the goal is to completely empty a box of 160 tissues before your competitor.
How to play
To accomplish this, you must pull each tissue from the box one at a time until the box is empty. Tissue boxes are filled so that after one tissue is pulled the next one becomes available to pull, keep that pattern running smoothly for the win!
Have a big bag handy to clean up the mess!
Hanky Panky Game
9. Reindeer Antler Game
10. Paper Plate Party Game
11. Stack The Tree Game
12. Pom pom Snowballs Snowman Game
Visit all 12 Days for tons of ideas!
- Day 1- 12 Christmas Party Games
- Day 2 –12 Unique Christmas Wreaths
- Day 3- 12 Best Cookie Recipes
- Day 4- 12 Inspirational Christmas Home Tours
- Day 5- 12 Beverage Recipes Plus 4 Hot Chocolate Bar Ideas
- Day 6- Festive Holiday Party Ideas
- Day 7- FREE Festive Printables
- Day 8 – Crafty Christmas Ornaments
- Day 9 – Festive Party Food
- Day 10 – Fabulous Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Day 11 – Clever Gifts In a Jar
- Day 12 – 12 Flavors of Christmas Breakfast Recipes
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 2019 Spring and Summer Fairs & Festivals In Georgia - February 16, 2019
- Shrimp Fried Rice - February 15, 2019
- Valentine’s Dinner Table Decor - February 12, 2019