Have you tasted the goodness which is Waffle Iron Corn Bread?
There is no big secret involved, simply use your waffle iron to make your cornbread rather than bake it in the oven.
- You get that thin, crispy cornbread which we all love so much
- It is ready in minutes
- Less oil for cooking, just spray the waffle iron
- No crumbs falling all over the place
- It is fun to eat!
It’s so easy. My waffle iron doesn’t get much use, I rarely ever make waffles unless the grandchildren are spending the night.
Just heat up your waffle iron as usual. Spray the cook surface with non-stick spray, pour a small amount of batter into the center of the waffle iron and close the lid. I purposefully made my waffle iron corn bread small by not pouring too much batter. I wanted thin crispy corn bread. You could make yours full size if you like. I broke the pieces in the creases for serving. No crumbs falling all over the place! You can still break the little triangles into small pieces for those who like to put cornbread right into their bowl of soup.
You can find a free printable of my cornbread recipe right over here.
Do you use an appliance for more than it’s one original purpose? Please tell us about it!
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Crescent Roll & Sausage Breakfast Casserole - August 14, 2018
- Hand Held Food Made From Scratch (Merry Monday 217) - August 12, 2018
- 2018 Fall Fairs & Festivals In Georgia - August 12, 2018