Our Oven Baked Homestyle Fries taste like they were deep fried but they are not.
One day this week, I planned to make sloppy joe’s and French fries for dinner. We have been super duper busy around here, so a quick easy meal was in order. Sometimes you just want ‘real’ potato fries and not the frozen kind,right.
Oven Baked Homestyle Fries! They look deep fried, don’t they?! They tasted deep fried too. I may never ‘fry potatoes’ again!
- 2-3 Russet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Seasoning Salt to taste
- Peel and slice the potatoes. (Potato peelings are great for the compost bin)
- Rinse the potatoes in a colander to remove excess starch. Then place the potatoes into a bowl of hot water for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the potatoes, then spread the potatoes across paper toweling to dry.
- While the potatoes are drying, prepare a large baking pan by spreading 2 Tbsp. Olive oil around the bottom to evenly coat the entire bottom.You should be using a baking pan with sides. This will be a very thin layer of oil. Place the dry potatoes into a bowl. Pour 1 Tbsp. of Olive oil over them and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the desired amount of Seasoning Salt across the top of the oil in the baking pan and place the potatoes in a single layer on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 475°. Cover with foil for the first 5 minutes. Remove the foil and turn the potatoes over to allow them to cook evenly on both sides. You may wish to turn your potatoes over one more time for even cooking. Oven temps vary but they should be done in about 15 to 20 minutes
- Drain on paper toweling and serve!
I drained the potatoes on paper toweling after rinsing the excess starch off. Then I took another paper towel and patted them to remove any excess water before tossing them in the oil.
You can see the oil on the sides of the bowl. 1 Tbsp. doesn’t sound like much but it covers well. I cut up 3 potatoes.
They were just as yummy as they look and it was great to enjoy fries without deep frying!
More from our site
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Ideas To Make Thanksgiving Fun For Kids & Merry Monday Link Up #181 - November 19, 2017
- Thanksgiving Pilgrim Creamer Bottle Kids Craft - November 19, 2017
- Sew Your Own Christmas Bell Ornament - November 16, 2017