A Crockpot Smothered Flat Iron Steak with only five ingredients and four hours cook time.
When you are very busy, the crockpot is such a friend!
The Crockpot makes it tender
This recipe cooks in 2 to 4 hours in the crockpot depending on if you cook on high or low. Either way, I have found the crockpot makes the meat really tender.
This post contains affiliate links.
Make your own gravy topping
I decided to create my gravy with a bottle of Balsamic dressing I had in the cabinet. It was tasty and we enjoyed it.
Also see our recipe for Crockpot Flat Iron Steak and Mushroom Gravy
Crockpot Smothered Flat Iron Steak Recipe
- 1 Flat Iron Steak, for 2
- Bottle of Balsamic Dressing, I used this one (Amazon)
- 1 Large Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. fresh portabella mushrooms chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Rinse the flat iron steak and place into your Crock Pot
HINT: I like to line my Crock Pot with these fabulous liners for easy clean-up.
Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper to taste and then pour the bottle of Balsamic over top of the meat
Top the meat with the chopped onions and mushrooms
Cook on high for about 2 hours or low for about 4 hours. Test the meat with an instant read thermometer like this one to determine if it is done.
Serve and enjoy!Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 4 hoursTotal Time: 4 hours 5 minutesCrockpot Smothered Flat Iron Steak with only five ingredients and four hours cook time.
- 1 Flat Iron Steak
- 2 cans Beef Gravy, I prefer the name brand
- 1 pkg. Mushrooms, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- Set the Crockpot to low setting.
- Place the Flat Iron Steak into the prepared Crockpot.
- Add cut up mushrooms.
- Pour gravy over all to cover completely.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cook on Low setting for about 3-4 hours until fork tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 274Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 44mgSodium 2827mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 23g
Nutrition information is estimated and may not be exact based on uncontrolled variables in home kitchens used by each individual cook.
Soup Recipes To Try
- Crockpot Taco Soup with Black Beans (video)
- Minestrone Soup Gluten Free Version with Quinoa and White Beans
- Low Carb Creamy Turkey And Mushroom Soup Made From Scratch
- Easy Homemade Vegetable Soup
- Easy White Beans And Ham Soup
- Southern Style Cabbage Soup
- Creamy Corn Chowder with Potatoes & Ham