Our recipe for Crockpot Flat Iron Steak and Mushroom Gravy is one to save with only 5 ingredients and super easy prep.
This Crockpot Flat Iron steak recipe is made with simple ingredients for an easy weeknight dinner.
Some Crockpot recipes require longer than others. This one is ready to eat in just a few hours and great for Sunday dinner at our house. I put it on before we leave for church and it’s ready when we get home.
I love creating recipes with the least amount of ingredients possible without sacrificing flavor. This is one of those recipes with only 5 ingredients.
- 2 lb. Flat Iron Steak
- 2 cans (10 oz.) Beef Gravy, I use this brand
- 1 pkg. sliced Portobello mushrooms (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add a package of onion soup mix if your family enjoys those tiny little tasty onions and the flavor they add.
- Cut up a small onion or bell peppers to complement the mushrooms if you like.
- Marinade the steak for 30 minutes before cooking in any of these sauces; soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce or Italian dressing.
- Round steak may be substituted in this recipe for the flat iron steak.
I use two cans of beef gravy so the steak and mushrooms will be completely covered while cooking. My hubby loves to have enough gravy for his mashed potatoes too.
Insert a disposable Crockpot liner into your crock for easy clean-up.
Set the temperature to the lowest setting.
Place the Flat Iron steak into the Crockpot and cover with the mushrooms. Season with salt and black pepper.
Cover with the lid and cook on the lowest setting for 3-4 hours until tender.
I serve my Crockpot Flat Iron Steak and Mushroom Gravy on top of a bed of Homemade Mashed Potatoes.
Serve a complete meal with two vegetables, meat, and bread to stretch a small amount of the meat. We like mashed potatoes and green beans along with dinner rolls with our meal.
Crockpot Flat Iron Steak and Mushroom Gravy
- 1 Flat Iron Steak
- 2 cans Beef Gravy I prefer the name brand
- 1 pkg. Mushrooms, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- Set the Crockpot to low setting.
- Place the Flat Iron Steak into the prepared Crockpot.
- Add cut up mushrooms.
- Pour gravy over all to cover completely.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cook on Low setting for about 3-4 hours until fork tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
Save this easy dinner idea to your recipes Pinterest board for quick reference later. Just click the picture below.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- 3 Ingredient BBQ Chicken Wings
- Broccoli, Sausage & Macaroni Casserole
- Brown Sugar & Pineapple Glazed Ham
- Easy Crockpot Beef Tips and Gravy, two ingredient recipe
- Crockpot Pierogi and Meatballs Alfredo, easy recipe