Fall recipes are everywhere! Pumpkins and Apples make everything better. Why do we wait until Fall to use those ingredients? I don’t know but I want to share one more with you! I sat down with a large stack of some of my favorite cookbooks in search of ‘something different’. It needed to be easy, tasty and use apples because I had three Honeycrisp sitting on the kitchen counter. I did not find the perfect recipe but I did come across one which inspired me to create this Upside Down Skillet Caramelized Apple Pecan Biscuits recipe.
The printable recipe is below but first let me show you the steps in luscious pictures.
1 Apple (I used Honeycrisp)
1 Can 5ct. biscuits (I used Grands)
1/3 Cup chopped pecans
1/4 Cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. butter
Dash Cinnamon sugar
Yes, it is a long name but seriously I couldn’t think of a single word to leave out! I made it in my little iron skillet, the apples are caramelized and well, you see those luscious pecans! The bottom will become the top so that baby is upside down!
Now place the biscuit pieces on top of the caramelized mixture. Then place the remaining cut up apples on top of the biscuit pieces. Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar if desired.
Fresh from the oven!
Just the right amount of caramel dripping through the biscuits! My hubs loved it so much he has plans for me to make it again this weekend. That makes me smile.
- 1 pkg. of 5 biscuits (I use Grands)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Apple peeled and chopped
- ¼ Cup brown sugar
- ⅓ Cup chopped pecans
- Dash of Cinnamon Sugar
- Melt the butter in a small iron skillet at medium high heat. Add in the brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Then add all but about ¼ cup of the chopped apples. Stir often and cook until the apples are soft and caramelized which will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place the cut up biscuits and remaining apple pieces on top of the caramelized apples mixture. Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar and bake at 325° until golden brown, about 12-18 minutes.(oven temperatures vary, check often)
- Remove from oven. Place your serving plate on top of the iron skillet covering the bread. Carefully, using pot holders as the skillet is very hot, flip the skillet over with the plate. Now the caramelized bottom is the top!
- Serve and enjoy!
- Find pictures of the process at www.intelligentdomestications.com
What is your favorite Fall Food?
You can follow our Fall Frolics, Food and Fun Board on Pinterest for lots more Fall ideas!
Shared at these parties: Pretty New Pintastic, Pin Junkie #87, Foodie Friday’s (Oct.2,’14), Family Fun Friday (I Need Chocolate), The Weekend Social, Strut Your Stuff Saturday #167, Super Saturday #64, Weekend No Rules #38, Friday Pride Day Pinterest Party #4, Cook It, Craft It ,Share It #26
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 9 Summer Crafty Ideas and Merry Monday Link Up Party #164 - July 23, 2017
- Made From Scratch Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Fruity Dessert Recipes and Merry Monday Link Party #163 - July 16, 2017