The combination of sweet and savory elements in these oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze make it a perfect complement for a wide variety of main dishes.
I have always enjoyed Brussel Sprouts but am aware that not everyone loves them. The key is to cook them full of flavor and to the right tenderness.
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas event, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures Between Nov. 11th and December 6th there will be hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-host bloggers!
Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this years talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs. Download this years November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
Today is Day Nine and we are sharing Pot Luck Recipes! The minute you get invited to a Pot Luck you start brainstorming what to take! We always want to take our best dishes and have everyone Oooo and Ahhhh over our creations, don’t we!
We are hosting a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year!
GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
See all 12 Days of Christmas Ideas
- Day 1 (Gift Guides) 15 GIFTS WOMEN REALLY WANT UNDER $50
- Day 2 (Holiday Survival Guides) MY HOLIDAY SEASON SURVIVAL TIPS (this is what works for me)
- Day 3 (Kids Activities) TWEEN & TEEN CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES (I interviewed my Grand kids and these are their answers)
- Day 4 (Party Games) CHEAP & EASY CARDBOARD BOX SNOWMAN BEAN BAG TOSS
- Day 5 (DIY Advent Calendar) ADORABLE ADVENT CALENDAR EASY CHRISTMAS CRAFT
- Day 6 (DIY Wreath) FESTIVE RED BUFFALO PLAID CHRISTMAS WREATH
- Day 7 (DIY Ornaments) SIMPLE & EASY NATIVITY CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- Day 8 (Christmas Printables) EASY KIDS CHRISTMAS LIGHTS SCAVENGER HUNT GAME
- Day 9 (Pot Luck Recipes) ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
- Day 10 (Christmas Desserts) CRANBERRY PECAN WHITE FUDGE
- Day 11 (Christmas Breakfast) CHICKEN AND CHEESE EGGS SKILLET
- Day 12 (Christmas Tree) FESTIVE RED AND GOLD CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATIONS
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze Recipe
IRON SKILLET COOKING
There is something about cooking in the iron skillet which produces an extra flavor and makes homemade dishes taste even better. This Roasted Brussel Sprouts recipe is one of those and the iron skillet does its job well here.
This recipe uses only 6 ingredients which means it is an easy prep too, ready in under 30 minutes! Be sure to use real maple syrup for the full flavor effect.
HOW TO TRANSPORT TO A POTLUCK
You can serve straight from the Iron Skillet for fun at a Potluck if you like. Cover the skillet with foil then wrap it in a towel for easier transport. Of course you can transfer to a pretty serving dish if you like.
BENEFITS OF BRUSSEL SPROUTS
Brussel sprouts are low in calories and high in many nutrients including vitamin C. They are rich in antioxidants and high in much needed fiber.
Many people who enjoy cabbage also enjoy Brussel Sprouts which are often referred to as little cabbages. For me, I like them to be cooked nice and tender. This recipe also adds a yummy sweet and salty flavor.
Be sure to scroll down for a look at dozens more Pot Luck recipe ideas from our 12 Days of Christmas Ideas bloggers!
Pair this side dish with any of these main dishes for weeknight meals:
FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOWPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 25 minutesTotal Time: 35 minutes
satisfying side dish goes beyond basic, boring Brussels sprouts with its rich
oven-roasted flavor enhanced with just a hint of sweetness.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. small Brussels sprouts, rinsed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. real maple syrup
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Place oven rack in center position and
Preheat oven to 400°F
Heat olive oil in a large cast iron or other oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
Add Brussels sprouts to skillet and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts begin to turn brown.
Once browned, transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Remove sprouts from oven once they are tender and start to turn a rich brown
While the sprouts are roasting, add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to a small skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to medium.
Continue stirring until the vinegar mixture reduces to about 1/3 of its
original volume and becomes thick and syrupy. (Do not overcook or it will
become too hard and sticky).
Transfer Brussels sprouts to a plate and drizzle lightly with balsamic glaze. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 133Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 175mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 3g
Nutrition information is estimated and not accurate based on ingredients used in the home.
MEET OUR SPONSORS who have generously donated fabulous prizes for the Big Christmas Giveaway!
DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21
It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019 and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only.
- Gluten Free Delicious Baked Apple Crisp Recipe - September 28, 2020
- 33 Halloween Movies The Whole Family Will Love To Watch - September 14, 2020
- Scrumptious Caramel Iced Apple Cinnamon Rolls Easy Recipe - September 11, 2020