You can make these adorable Plastic Spoon Easter Chicks for your Kid’s Easter Table this year. They are a quick Dollar Store craft that even the kids can make.
This is a quick and easy Dollar Store Easter craft you can do with the kids or for the kids. I made these for my Kids’s Easter Table Decor. My theme is a bit of whimsy using bright Spring colors so these yellow Plastic Spoon Chick’s fit right in.
~~~Follow our DIY/Crafts Home Decor Board on Pinterest~~~
No need to bring home live yellow chicks this Easter when they you can foster pretend play using yellow plastic spoons! The little kids may actually sit at the table longer and finish their food. They are always so excited on Easter.
Watch the quick video and print the instructions below.
- Mini Clay Flower Pots, painted white
- Yellow Plastic Spoons
- Pretty Craft paper
- Small Googly Eyes
- Orange Felt
- Yellow Washi Tape
- Green Paper Easter Grass
- Floral Foam
- Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- Elmer's Glue
- Plastic knife for cutting the floral foam
- Cut the floral foam to fit inside of the painted clay flower pot.
- Hot glue the foam inside the pot.
- Wrap your Washi tape around the top lip of the flower pot.
- Use your finger to smooth any wrinkles out of the Washi Tape.
- Draw a Bow tie template onto craft paper and cut it out (It isn't hard, think of a dog bone shape)
- Lay your template onto the wrong side of your craft paper and draw around it to create the number of Bow tie's you will need. This depends on how many Plastic Spoon Chicks you are making.
- Cut out your Bow Tie's.
- Cut center pieces for your Bow tie's. You can do this free hand. The center needs to be small enough to wrap around the mid-section of the Bow Tie.
- Cut a small triangle from the orange felt to become the chick's beak.
- Now, beginning with the Googly Eyes, begin gluing the Chick's face and Bow Tie onto the back side of the plastic spoon.
- Insert your Plastic Spoon Easter Chick into the floral foam.
- Trim the Green paper Easter grass using the scissors to make it a bit easier to handle.
- Dab some Hot Glue inside the flower pot and begin pressing the grass on top. I added three layers to make my flower pots full and spilling out the grass for a nice Easter look.
- Trim the overhang of grass to be a neat fit.
- All done!
~~~Share this idea to your Pinterest~~~
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Make Your Own Mason Jar Ring Pumpkin Using Washi Tape - October 15, 2019
- Halloween Skeleton Tablescape - October 14, 2019
- Halloween Brownie Parfaits #HalloweenTreatsWeek - October 11, 2019