Make your own Blue and White Easter Eggs to match your decor. Mine have a bit of a Chinoiserie or Blue Willow flair. You can whip out a half dozen of these gorgeous DIY Easter Eggs while watching a movie.
How To Make Blue & White Easter Eggs
I have long admired Blue Willow and Chinoiserie designs but only last year began to add the colors to my home decor. I am not really a big fan of the Chinese pagodas but mostly just love the bright blue and white color combination.
Of course the most frugal way to update your home decor is to Do It Yourself! In the spirit of DIY, I stepped out of my comfort zone to make these Blue and White Easter Eggs.
Supplies for making Blue & White Easter Eggs
- White Plastic Fake Eggs
- Bright Blue Permanent Marker
My new blue and white eggs may easily be described as Folk Art and the last thing I would consider myself to be is an artist of any sort. Thank goodness for Pinterest.
The first thing I searched was how to draw paisley because I love paisley so much! I selected the easiest tutorial I could possibly find.
Drawing a simple paisley design using a marker to decorate Easter eggs wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. It was fun because you can make each one different. There are no rules, just have fun with it.
My paisley Easter egg designs are all combinations of ideas inspired by the plethora of images I found of Easter Eggs on Pinterest and Google.
Joann’s had all of their Easter items half price plus I had a 20% off my total purchase coupon.
Their plain white plastic Easter eggs are a bit better quality for crafting in my opinion. They are a solid piece, not two pieces and a thicker plastic. Don’t forget to take your coupon!
My choice of marker is a Sharpie. The color is perfectly vibrant for these Blue and White Easter Eggs.
You can’t beat a craft with only two items and very little effort but tons of pop for Spring home decor.
I treated myself to an Antique Mall shopping trip in search of the perfect white bowl. Hobnail was my hope but I didn’t really expect to find it. It was just plain exciting to find the perfect Hobnail while bowl for my new Blue and White Easter Eggs!
Did you see my Faux Hobnail Vase I made recently? Go here for that easy tutorial.
Enjoy creating your own beautiful Blue and White Fake Easter Eggs for your home decor.
- Fake plastic white Easter Eggs
- Find your inspiration piece(s) for the patterns you will be drawing onto your eggs. I used Pinterest and Google image search.
- Draw the designs onto the eggs using the Permanent marker.
The marker dries quickly.
~~~Share this idea to Pinterest~~~
More Spring & Easter DIY Decor
- Make Your Own Blue & White Moss Ball Mini Topiary
- How To Make A Faux Hobnail Vase
- Make A Cute Mini Easter Egg Topiary using Dollar Store supplies
- DIY Monogram Spring Watering Can Wreath
- How To Make Plastic Spoon Easter Chicks
- Elaborate Easter Egg Cone Tree Tutorial
- Painted Pine Cones Spring Decor DIY (shared over 13K times)
- Whimsical Easter Bunny Flower Pail Tabletop Decor DIY