Black Eyed Pea Salsa is a tasty, veggie alternative for your chip and dip events! Also known as Texas Caviar, Cowboy Caviar, Corn Salad or Blackeyed Pea Salad. They are the same delicious recipe with minor variations. The main event is the Blackeye peas and the corn.
Blackeyed Pea Salsa is a good example of farm to table real food packed with flavor and nutrients. Its a delicious cold veggie salad for a summer table or a perfect veggie dip for your game day party!
I first saw this dish being prepared on a early Saturday morning TV show sponsored by Georgia Farmers a few years ago. We have since fallen in love with the delicious flavors of this chunky veggie salsa.
Also See these Fun Party Food Ideas:
- How To Cook Boiled Peanuts
- Sweet and Salty Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
- Glazed Bacon Crackers
- Crockpot 3 Ingredient BBQ Wings
It’s almost a shame to have to stir all of the ingredients together when you see how pretty they are layered in a glass bowl! Bonus, no cooking involved, just dump all of the ingredients together and stir!
I use the purple onions because they are pretty in this dish but you can use regular yellow or white onions. Be sure to try Vidalia Sweet onions, those are delicious!
We tried using a produce section container of Pico de gallo instead of cutting and chopping the peppers, parsley and onions. We did not like the flavor profile. Pico has cilantro for one thing which has a distinct flavor which my hubby doesn’t like.
Serve Blackeye Pea Salsa so many ways!
- A delicious chunky salsa served with tortilla chips.
- Yummy summer salad with fresh veggies.
- Over rice for a meatless main dish.
- New Year’s Day side dish. Blackeye Peas are supposed to bring good luck for the year.
~Share This Recipe To Pinterest~
- 2 cans (15oz.) black eye peas, drained well
- 1 can (15 oz.) white corn
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ Cup chopped parsley
- ¼ Cup chopped red onion
- 1 can tomatoes and chopped tomatoes with chilies (I used Rotel)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Italian dressing
- Combine all ingredients, toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for flavors to marinade.
- Serve with your favorite chips and wait for the compliments!