This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure policy.
Yes, you did read that right, you can make a Crockpot Pumpkin Cake!
I found this recipe in one of my cookbooks. In order to justify my cookbook collection, I have to use them sometimes. I don’t know about you, but looking through cookbooks can be as distracting as looking through old family photos! The first thing you know, you’ve been reading for hours and have a nice new grocery list!
This Crockpot Pumpkin Cake recipe is adapted from Crockpot 365 Year Round Recipes.
More Delicious Crockpot Recipes To Save
My first crockpot dessert, Crockpot Strawberry Brownies, was such a success with my husband I knew I could create more Crockpot desserts.
These 3 Ingredient Crockpot Apple Dumplings are simply the best and even better when topped with ice cream. Everyone loves this dessert and it’s ready in about 2 hours.
Add a box of this Cinnamon Streusel Bread Mix to your grocery list, it’s on Amazon here, and then grab this recipe. Our Crockpot Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake begins with that mix and becomes amazingly delicious. Great with coffee or milk.
Savory Crockpot recipes make great Fall food too like this one I call Not Quite Mississippi Crockpot Roast. It’s a melt in your mouth delicious entrée perfect for Sunday dinner.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. Allspice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⅓ cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 can (15oz.) solid-pack pumpkin
- Spray your slow cooker well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Blend dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda, Allspice, and salt) in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar at high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs to butter and sugar mixture, one at a time, blending after each.
- Add in pumpkin and blend well.
- Carefully add flour mixture. Turn your mixer down to keep the flour from blowing up as you add it a little bit at a time until it is all added in.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spread evenly into your prepared crockpot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 2-2½ hours. Cooking times may vary depending on your slow cooker.
- Toothpick inserted into center should come out clean when your cake is done.
- You may wish to line your slow cooker with aluminum foil and then spray. Slow cooker cakes tend to become well done around the edges, the foil may help prevent that.
Maple Pecan Topping
The original recipe in the Crockpot cookbook called for a jar of caramel ice cream topping. Now you can of course, purchase a jar already prepared at the grocery store but I wanted to make a topping.
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup Half & Half
Combine brown sugar, water and maple syrup in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 6 to 8 minutes until Candy thermometer reaches soft ball stage 234°.
Remove from heat and stir in butter.
Stir in Half & half and pecans.
Allow to completely cool before serving.
Can be stored in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Makes about 3 cups.
- Gluten Free Delicious Baked Apple Crisp Recipe - September 28, 2020
- 33 Halloween Movies The Whole Family Will Love To Watch - September 14, 2020
- Scrumptious Caramel Iced Apple Cinnamon Rolls Easy Recipe - September 11, 2020