Breakfast somehow seems to be so much better during the winter months for some reason. We are occasionally inspired to serve breakfast for supper in the winter as well. This Sausage & Gravy Biscuit Casserole is great for both and also for a nice breakfast when you have guest! It is super easy to make! My inspiration for this recipe came from the Feb. 2014 issue of Southern Living. You can view their recipe online here.
What I did different
- They used jumbo biscuits. I chose store brand regular biscuits because I felt like the jumbo’s would be too much bread for my preference.
- They made the gravy from scratch. I did that the first time but have since been using Campbell’s Country Style Sausage Gravy.
- I flattened out the biscuits on the bottom layer.
- They used green onions, I did not.
This dish is super easy to make! As with most casseroles you can add most any ingredient which your family may love such as the onions or mushrooms, whatever you choose. What is your family’s favorite ‘extra’ ingredient for casseroles?
1 can biscuits
1 can sausage gravy
1 Cups shredded sharp cheese
1 lb. ground pork sausage, cooked in crumbles and drained
Salt & Pepper to taste
Spray your dish with non-stick spray.
1. Cook and drain the sausage.
2. Add drained sausage back into skillet and pour in the gravy. Heat through.
3. Create a bottom layer by placing biscuits on the bottom. I flattened and stretched my bottom layer as seen.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until biscuits are browned and cheese has melted. Follow cooking time on the canned biscuits.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Do you ever make breakfast for supper?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 12 Things To Know Before Visiting A Corn Maze Plus Our Big Georgia List - September 22, 2017
- Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe - September 21, 2017
- How To Cook Boiled Peanuts - September 20, 2017