The award winning Annual Cherry Blossom Festival in Macon, Ga. each spring is a premier event in the Southeast. The Pinkest Party on earth provides tons of entertainment including shows, rides, competitions, the big parade and more. The city of Macon begins preparations months in advance to show off to visitors.
My family moved to Macon in 1967 so needless to say I have been in the middle Ga. area for quite some time. Our don’t miss events for the Cherry Blossom Festival are Central City Park festivities, Third Street Arts & Crafts Festival, Food Truck Frenzy and a tour of the trees in bloom through north Macon.
What will you find at Macon’s Annual Cherry Blossom Festival?
- Concessions & Vendors located at historic Central City Park located downtown
- Rides for the family
- Tons of entertainment including popular singers, dancers, magicians and more
- The annual Lantern Light Tours at Ocmulgee National Monument
- Pink Pancake Breakfast
- Macon Open Air Market with makers, farmers and artisans
- Food Truck Frenzy
- Ride In Motorcycle Exhibit
- Firefighter Competition
- Bed Race
- Soap Box Derby
- Third Street Park Festivities daily
- Mulberry Street Arts & Crafts Festival
- Grand Finale Balloon Glow
- Much more!
Sites To See While In Macon
- Central City Park
- Cox Capitol Theater
- Ocmulgee National Monument (Free admission)
- Coleman Hill
- Sidney Lanier Cottage
- Rose Hill Cemetery
- The Hay House
- Georgia Sports Hall of Fame
- Museum of Aviation (Free admission)
More Places To Visit In Georgia
- The Varsity Restaurant Atlanta, Ga.
- The Rock Ranch for family fun
- Sam Shortline Southwest Ga. Excursion Train Ride
- 3 Don’t Miss Sites At Andersonville Ga.
Helpful U. S. Travel Guide Books
- Lonely Planet Eastern USA Travel Guide
- National Geographic Kids Ultimate U.S. Road Trip Atlas
- 1,000 Places To See In The United States and Canada Before You Die
- Off The Beaten Path: A Travel Guide to More Than 1000 Scenic and Interesting Places Still Uncrowded and Inviting