Are you looking for easy dinner recipes? You will love how easy this hearty Easy Veggie Shepard’s Pie recipe is to prepare for your family!
When Kristin from Marie Callendar contacted me about sharing a nice easy dinner recipe with my readers, I did not hesitate. I know that you are like me, if it’s easy, I’m in! Please join me in welcoming Kristen.
Hello Intelligent Domestications readers! Kristin from Marie Callender’s here… I am excited to be writing for Shirley today! Let me introduce myself. I currently live in Chicago with my Bichon Frise. When I am not enjoying a Netflix movie marathon underneath a pile of blankets or jogging around the neighborhood with my roommates, I’m in the kitchen trying a new recipe or cooking one of my favorites.
Living in Chicago, it’s been extremely cold lately—I can’t leave the house without bundling up with a parka, hat, gloves and a scarf. I like to use my oven to warm up the kitchen a bit, as I try to save money on heat! Why not kill two birds with one stone and get warm while I bake? One of my favorite recipes to bake for the winter is an easy veggie Shepard’s pie. This dish takes less than an hour to make—so easy!
Easy Veggie Shepard’s Pie
I like this recipe because I always have leftovers. To recreate a UK dinner, I recommend a side of mushy peas. Hope you enjoy!
- Cooking spray
- ¾ lb. potatoes
- 1/8 cup half and half
- 1 oz. butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ egg yolk
- 1 can Marie Callender’s® Homestyle Vegetable Soup
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons rosemary leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Peel and dice potatoes into ½-inch cubes. Throw diced potatoes into a pot with cold water and bring to a boil; cover. Once the water begins to boil, uncover and boil for an additional 15 minutes.
- Mix half and half, butter and salt together in a bowl. Heat in microwave for 1 minute; set aside.
- Drain the diced potatoes; add to large bowl. Mash potatoes and add butter mixture. Mash until smooth and add yolk.
6. Add vegetable soup, mushrooms, onion and Worcestershire sauce to skillet; stir together. Cook for five minutes while stirring occasionally.
7. Add soup mixture into baking dish, sprinkle chopped rosemary leaves and top with mashed potatoes. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Garnish pie and enjoy!
Don’t forget to add this recipe to your Pinterest so you can make it for your family.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure policy.