Our Sweet & Spicy Mango Salsa is delicious served with your favorite meats like grilled salmon, steaks and pork chops or even piled onto fish tacos.
It’s National Farmer’s Market Week which means we have teamed up with some of our food blogger friends to bring you lots of farm to table recipes. The recipe list is near the end so keep scrolling for more.
- Red Bell Pepper
- Red onioin
- Lime juice
- Salt and Pepper
Our Honey Sweet Peach Mango Salsa recipe skips the spicy and showcases peaches. We like to pile it on top of grilled pork chops.
How To Select A Ripe Mango
Selecting a ripe Mango is a little tricky because the color isn’t your only clue.
Color: The mango should be in some stage of orange or yellow coloring but not all green when it is ripening. Red does not necessarily mean ripe with the mango. Certain varieties have different colors when ripe so be sure to also check the texture and smell.
Texture: It is a bit like finding the perfect avocado which takes some practice. You want to give it a gentle squeeze to feel for just the right amount of softness. Just a little squishy, not too much.
Smell: A ripe avocado will emit a a bit of a fruity aroma near the stem.
Prepare The Ingredients
Peel and chop the Mango into small bite size chunks. You can peel first then cut the mango into about three pieces before cutting into chunks.
Slice the top off the bell pepper and remove the seeds. Then cut down the sides to lay the whole pepper open and cut into strips. I always cut away the white membrane. Once you have cut into strips then you can chop into small pieces for your salsa recipe.
Dice a red onion then mince a jalapeno and chop the fresh cilantro. You are almost there. This recipe is fun to make with all the slicing, chopping and mincing. You get to practice your culinary skills. You need a good set of cutting boards for this recipe like this one.
Making The Mango Salsa
Once you are done with your peeling, cutting and chopping it is time to make the salsa.
Dump all of your ingredients into a pretty non-reactive bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir. All done. I dare you not to taste it right now. It’s impossible not to, isn’t it.
Storing Your Fruit Salsa
You can cover your fruity salsa and store in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Be sure to give it a good stir before eating as the juices all sink to the bottom. After the first day the fruit will become less firm and pretty so I personally prefer to make and serve on the same day.
Freezing fruit is tricky because it becomes mushy after it has been cut up. For that reason I do not recommend freezing. However, if you don’t mind having onion, bell peppers, cilantro and jalapeno in your Smoothie, freeze the leftovers and use them to make a fruit smoothie.
Serve Your Mango Salsa With Any of These Dishes
Easy recipe for Sweet and Spicy Mango Salsa. A perfect topping for grilled meats, fish tacos or chicken recipes. You will want to print this recipe and hang onto it.
- 2 medium mangos, peeled and chopped small
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped small
- ½ medium red onion, diced small
- ½ medium jalapeno, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt and Black pepper, to taste
Combine prepared mango, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and fresh lime juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to
taste, and stir to combine.
Serve and Enjoy!
Use a non-reactive bowl due to acidic ingredients. We recommend glass, ceramic, plastic or stainless steel.
I like to use a wooden spoon for mixing fruit salsa recipes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
LATE JULY Snacks Restaurant Style Sea Salt & Lime Tortilla Chips, 11 oz. Bag
Delling Ultra-Strong 3 Oz Ceramic Dip Bowls Set, White Dipping Sauce Bowls/Dishes for Tomato Sauce, Soy, BBQ and other Party Dinner - Set of 6
Chef Knife Set Knives Kitchen Set - Stainless Steel Kitchen Knives Set Kitchen Knife Set with Stand - Plus Professional Knife Sharpener - 7 Piece Stainless Steel Cutlery Knives Set by Home Hero
OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-Piece
Riveira Wooden Spoons for Cooking 6-Piece Bamboo Utensil Set Apartment Essentials Wood Spatula Spoon Nonstick Kitchen Utensil Set Premium Quality Housewarming Gifts Wooden Utensils for Everyday Use
Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen, Set of 3, Black
Friday’s Farmers Market Week Recipes
- Basil Peach Crumble Cups by Our Sutton Place
- Cherry Rhubarb Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Dill Pickles by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Sausage, Bell Pepper, and Garlic Scape Risotto by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Panzanella Salad with Red Onions, Fresh Basil, and Olives by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Parsley and Sage Walnut Pesto by Savory Moments
- Peach Panzanella Salad by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Peachy Blueberry Icebox Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Ratatouille by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Pepper Salad by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Spicy Mango Salsa by Intelligent Domestications
- Sweet and Easy Corn on the Cob by Making Miracles
- Three Cheese Zucchini Boats by Blogghetti
- Watermelon Sparkling Frosé by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Make This Easy Autumn Mug As A Beginner Cricut Project - September 29, 2020
- Gluten Free Delicious Baked Apple Crisp Recipe - September 28, 2020
- 33 Halloween Movies The Whole Family Will Love To Watch - September 14, 2020