If you have never tried apple dumplings, you don’t know what you’re missing! My 3 Ingredient Crockpot Apple Dumplings are too scrumptious! Down here in the south, we call this kind of food, “Slap yo Mama good!”
I’m not even going to waste a lot of time talking about his recipe. I’m just going to share it with you. Well, maybe I will tell you how it came about.
We treat ourselves to an occasional dessert after dinner. Don’t you? In my ongoing battle to cook healthier, I purchased apples. My hubby and I both love apples and they are great for lots of different recipes. That’s about as far as the healthy got here. Since I piled on cake mix and butter and then lots of vanilla ice cream, I guess the word healthy is a stretch for this dessert.
At least it does have apples and apples are good for you!
3 Easy Ingredients for my Crockpot Apple Dumplings.
It was one of those days when I just knew I needed to make an after dinner dessert. In my ever present determination to cook what I have. I pillaged the pantry and found this box of Butter Pecan cake mix. I’m confident when I bought it, I had no intentions of making that cake.
I peeled the apples and cut them up straight into the Crockpot. I’m cooking for two so two apples were plenty for us.
Then I poured about half the box of Butter pecan cake mix on top of the apples.
Butter is a necessity for most desserts and this one is no different! I placed pats of butter around the top of the cake mix.
I turned my Crockpot on to low and cooked my Apple Dumplings for about 2 hours. The house smelled heavenly! When my hubby walked in the door from work, it’s the first thing he noticed.
Don’t overcook your Apple Dumplings. We don’t want the batter to burn, just get a nice shade of brown.
Crockpot cooking hack!
Place a dish towel across the top of your Crockpot. Place the lid on top of the towel to hold it in place nice and tight. No more bouncing lid when the steam begins to build up! The steam stays inside plus, you won’t have too much steam dripping onto your Apple Dumplings.
~~~Follow Our Crockpot Recipes Pinterest Board~~~
Dessert doesn’t get much easier than these 3 Ingredient Crockpot Apple Dumplings!
I enjoy making delicious recipes with less work. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for more recipes and frugal living ideas.
~~~Share this recipe to Pinterest~~~
- 2 Apples (I use Honeycrisp)
- ½ box Butter Pecan cake mix
- ½ stick butter
- Peel and cut up the apples.
- Place the apples into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Pour the cake mix on top of the apples distributing evenly throughout.
- Cut the butter into pats and place around the top of the cake mix.
- Cook on low for approximately 1½ to 2 hours.
- Crockpot cook times will vary based on your Crockpot so check it after an hour.
- The Apple Dumplings are done when the batter is a nice golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream and enjoy!
- Vanilla Milkshake with Sprinkles Best Ever Summer Dessert - June 26, 2020
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe - June 22, 2020
- 4th of July Party Ideas-Summer Food, Decor & Games - June 15, 2020